• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel & Fox in cross-universe talks?

10 posts in this topic

Marvel and Fox Rumored to be in Early Talks for Superhero Collaboration

According to a new rumor that began with Fatman on Batman producer Matt Key, when he was a guest on a recent episode of Collider Heroes, it sounds as though 20th Century Fox is open to a discussion with Marvel about a potential collaboration sometime down the road. During the episode, Key said:

“I’ve heard from a few of my sources, my little birds, that Fox and Marvel have… kind of talked, but not really, but like there’s interest from Fox, like, ‘Ooh, y’know, what they did with Sony and Spider-Man is actually pretty cool, like, maybe…’ We’re years away from that ever possibly happening… but I think that’s what it would take… Fox joining hands with Marvel…”

As mentioned above, Sony’s deal with Marvel served as an icebreaker, so any sense of studio pride that might be threatened by any such agreement can instead be thought of as a savvy business move that could benefit both parties involved and substantially increase the longevity of aging franchises like X-Men, while improving the commercial viability of miscarried ones like Fantastic Four.

At this point, one man’s “little birds” aren’t much to put a lot of faith in, and this rumor should be regarded as nothing but. Still, collaboration between studios regarding their respective superhero franchises isn’t unheard of any longer, so while it may be years off or it may never amount to anything, past precedence is enough to give this gossip more than a passing glance.

I think it would benefit both sides, as these Marvel movies would become so massive no other company could keep up. You could finally have stories with characters like UXM 268.

6AnSVdR.jpg

I wonder if Hugh Jackman would extend his contract in that case, as he is a huge fan of the Marvel Universe.

Hugh Jackman Wants Avengers/X-Men Crossover In Wolverine 3, Could It Happen?

Hugh Jackman has been suggesting an Avengers/X-Men crossover, as have many of the Fox producers, and with Wolverine 3 they may finally get their wish. So how exactly could the two teams come together, and could the comics feud finally be healed?

For Hugh Jackman, a fan of the comics and Marvel in general, a movie team up is not only a geek's dream, but actually possible in light of the recent Spider-Man exchange.

"I would love it. ... You’re in a very complex world where big, big sums of money are being spent for different franchises and so getting them together is difficult. Two years ago I would have said you’d be a real optimist to think it would ever happen, but weirdly I just think it maybe could. I think there is a possibility that it will happen."

And he's not alone in feeling this way: X-Men producer Lauren Schuler Donner is hopeful that her good relationship with Marvel bossman Kevin Feige will lead to a crossover event in which the Fox and Marvel characters can "mingle them in the way that they were written." So far so good. And with rumours that Wolverine 3 will use an alternate universe comic arc that heavily features the Avengers, could we actually see this happen soon?

I wonder if Hugh Jackman would extend his contract in that case, as he is a huge fan of the Marvel Universe.

Hugh Jackman Wants Avengers/X-Men Crossover In Wolverine 3, Could It Happen?

Hugh Jackman has been suggesting an Avengers/X-Men crossover, as have many of the Fox producers, and with Wolverine 3 they may finally get their wish. So how exactly could the two teams come together, and could the comics feud finally be healed?

For Hugh Jackman, a fan of the comics and Marvel in general, a movie team up is not only a geek's dream, but actually possible in light of the recent Spider-Man exchange.

"I would love it. ... You’re in a very complex world where big, big sums of money are being spent for different franchises and so getting them together is difficult. Two years ago I would have said you’d be a real optimist to think it would ever happen, but weirdly I just think it maybe could. I think there is a possibility that it will happen."

And he's not alone in feeling this way: X-Men producer Lauren Schuler Donner is hopeful that her good relationship with Marvel bossman Kevin Feige will lead to a crossover event in which the Fox and Marvel characters can "mingle them in the way that they were written." So far so good. And with rumours that Wolverine 3 will use an alternate universe comic arc that heavily features the Avengers, could we actually see this happen soon?

This was written Aug 25th 2015. Wolverine 3 is already filming, so I don't see this happening. Maybe it would entice Jackman to come back as Wolverine if Fox & Disney would collaborate on a future projects. I'd love to see Wolverine in Infinity War. :headbang:

This was written Aug 25th 2015. Wolverine 3 is already filming, so I don't see this happening. Maybe it would entice Jackman to come back as Wolverine if Fox & Disney would collaborate on a future projects. I'd love to see Wolverine in Infinity War. :headbang:

Oh, I realize all that.

But what it shows is Hugh Jackman had his heart set on the two companies working together to send him off. It didn't happen beforehand. But now, if something truly started coming together, it could change his heart about no further Wolverine roles.

I was watching Days of Future Past the other day, and man does Hugh Jackman stand out. It would be so cool to see him and Chris Evans in a movie together.

n91etHY.jpg