• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rich's pre-sale s/s op Sam Kieth Marvel Comics Present, MAXX uncirculated copies

9 posts in this topic

I'm posting this one a little early, since technically this would be an AUGUST pre-sale thread.

HOWEVER-----I'm making a trip to one of my sources in a few weeks, and due to the distance of the drive, I really don't want to make the trip twice.

From this trip, I will be purchasing books for the SAM KIETH signing.

I'm taking subs for BOSTON COMICON and have a signing with Sam Kieth.

The books I am offering in this thread would constitute the same uncirculated 9.8 white page copies that I've offered in the past (Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Legends, etc)

Prices are all inclusive of the book, the signatures, fast track grading, shipping, etc.

ALL BOOKS PRE-SALE ARE 9.8 Signature Series or your money back.

I'll need PM's and :takeit: in the thread to keep track of what I'm getting.

I will not be accepting orders past July 18th

Regarding THE MAXX, I can get William Messner Loebs on your books for an additional $20 per book. Just LMK. My signing with Loebs is in September. Books will go into CGC after that signing (MAXX). MCP books will go into CGC mid to late August.

Marvel Comics Presents #85, 86, 87, 119, 120, 121, 122 - $175 each

Marvel Comics Presents #88-118 - $155 each

MAXX #1, 33, 34, 35 - $195

MAXX #2-5 - $175 each

MAXX #6-32 - $155 each

So the signings with Sam Kieth over the weekend in Boston went very well.

The lines were LONG, and I do mean long. The entire Saturday was spent going through the Sam Kieth line over and over and over. Each lap was a 90+minute wait. At one point, over 2 hrs.

I'm a little surprised that this op wasn't as popular as some of my others, but if you didn't get something done at this show by Sam, you might be waiting for his next appearance a really long time.

After the show I was out to dinner with one of the other CGC witnesses who spent the better part of his day at the S.K. table, and in casual conversation, Sam happened to say "Don't look for me again for another 10 years." Turns out he's really not much of a convention person, even though he was very engaging with all the fans, pleasant, chatted it up---just not really his cup of tea.

All MCP books that Sam and Jae Lee worked on also were signed by Jae, including #85, Jae's first published work. The convenience of them sitting next to each other didn't hurt either :thumbsup:

Anyone still waiting on an invoice from this, LMK.

No sketches were done, they made that very clear from the onset, BTW.

One of the reasons why the line was long on Saturday was because Keith showed up late to his table on Friday. I was at the show and checked the area about four times throughout the day. The story I heard from other person was that people were waiting so long that the handlers guaranteed a signature if they purchased a print from them. When Keith did arrive some were asking for quick remarks on the print and he started to make the remarks. They then stopped about half an hour before they closed the place.

Glad to here you got some signatures Rich and provided them to other boardies.

For the record it's worth pointing out that the sole reason Sam was late is that his flight was hugely delayed due to severe air turbulence (and some passengers being hospitalised) but he stayed in Sacramento airport overnight waiting for the next available flight.

As soon as he landed on Friday afternoon he made his way straight to the convention centre because he knew fans would be waiting. If not for that I think he'd have given up and stayed home and I doubt anyone would have blamed him.

You can see the story covered here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/12/us/jetblue-flight-turbulence/

No one realised his flight had been affected until Friday early afternoon.