• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect reputation?

80 posts in this topic

Hi...I am looking to pick up a book from Comic Connect and just wanted to quickly ping the group here since I have never bought from them. If you have dealt with them, have you been generally pleased? I think it is a consignment house right...so the books are not necessarily in their possession...or is that not the case? Any info would be appreciated!

I've had issues with their low dollar books, say under $25 or so. I've been quite happy with my raw multi-hundred dollar books. They have been spot on, but low dollar books don't get anywhere near the same attention. They missed a missing MVS on a $15 book, and a few other defects on books. One Classics Comics I really wanted was sold as a raw 9.6 and got slabbed as a 8.0.

No problem if your getting a slab book (thumbs u
And what about a non-slabbed book??

Sometimes a little off on raw but so is everyone else every now and then!

Not a fan of ComicConnect. I took advice from them once and gave them some books to auction off. I lost a lot of money so I asked for my remaining books back. The doofus I was talking to got upset and made a small stink about it. It's one thing to have lost money, but I was more upset by his unprofessional response. I can't believe their hire people like this guy. I still have his emails... what a joke.

I've never been back since. I heard the doofus is no longer working there but I've come to the conclusion that they don't have your best interest at heart. Basically they want our books to auction off so that they can make their cut. Nothing wrong with that... but, if they tell you anything else, like how they are making any effort on your behalf... that's all BS. My resolution is to simply keep my distance from them.

If you're buying from them... buy only slabbed. I'm sure many others have had a more positive experience with them. All I can do is share my own experience when asked.

"Experience is a brutal teacher... but you learn."

- Anthony Hopkins

I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Rob Reynolds at Comic Connect. He's a good guy and very helpful.

Same here. They have realized record prices for me on my consignments.

The seller or buyer can instruct CC not to report. I have made a similar request on a purchase.

May I ask why?

Buying habits and prices paid can be used against you in some cases.