• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How "important" is ASM33? "If this be my destiny!"

47 posts in this topic

If the issue has such significance, is there any reason the CGC labels don't have any commentary? It also appears the selling prices are still pretty low below the very high grade ones...

It's a common book, even in NM. Warehouse find...

If the issue has such significance, is there any reason the CGC labels don't have any commentary? It also appears the selling prices are still pretty low below the very high grade ones...

It's a common book, even in NM. Warehouse find...

FF 48 & 51 are considered classics as well and there are no CGC commentaries (story wise) on those, either. Although they (FF 48 & 51) do contain first appearances which are noted.

...it's weird, I know, a book is emotionally valued & beloved because of actual story content and not because of a first appearance, label number, or resale value. :blush:

-and not that possessing a high grade copy of this book would be a bad thing...

P.S: the above comment(s) directed at no one; I just like talking to myself :insane:

I started in comics long after Ditko left Marvel and wasn't impressed by his style in the Marvel Tales reprints. I liked Romita's Spidey much better. I always thought Ditko's art was better with Dr. Strange.

Years later as an adult and trying to buy as many older Spideys as I could within my meager budget, I read them again and now have a respect for his art.

But the issue that totally changed my mind about Ditko on Spidey was ASM #33. It is probably the best performance of his career. He took it the next level. From the cover to the large panel of him lifting the heavy metal, he nailed it.

If Stan gave Romita an issue of Spidey for inspiration, it had to be #33!