• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2017
2 2

210 posts in this topic

Back home safely.

Sat across from Lori Loughlin on the plane.

:cloud9::cloud9:

Did you ask her to join the mile high club?

I wish but I don't want to be banned.

Show was great! Nice meeting some of you guys Joey, Greggy, Genjo, and a few others. Unfortunately I missed the El Torito dinner because the wife and I had it the day before.

I bought a couple X-Men books off of Robotman, but didn't realize it was his booth. But thank you sir! Liefeld was there attending the show too. I wanted to get a pic but Mike Carbo kept talking to him even as I was saying hi after he walked away meh

The owner of my towns first LCS had a booth at the show. It was great seeing him after 20+ years. Bought a ton of silverage X-Men books from him for 60 - 70% off :)

It was great seeing the CGC booth busy the whole time I was there. Droping off books went smooth

I want to personally thank all the Dealers, helpers, guest and Attendees that made CalComicCon 2017 one of the best shows ever!

I especially want to thank all the Boardies that made it social event and many of which came from far away as , Canada, Florida, Georgia,

South Carolina, New York, New Jersey , South Dakota, Massachusetts, Michigan Illinois, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon,

Washington, Hawaii, Northern California, Ventura, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and of Course Orange County !

Thank You!

hope to see you all next January!

Terry O'Neill - Promoter - CalComicCon

I have one request, when you see silver/bronze artists at other conventions,

ask they if they would consider an old school Convention like CalComicCon

as a guest. The most difficult part of putting a show like this is getting Guest to come out for a one day show.

Thank you again! Terry O. Promoter - CalComicCon

Show was great! Nice meeting some of you guys Joey, Greggy, Genjo, and a few others. Unfortunately I missed the El Torito dinner because the wife and I had it the day before.

I bought a couple X-Men books off of Robotman, but didn't realize it was his booth. But thank you sir! Liefeld was there attending the show too. I wanted to get a pic but Mike Carbo kept talking to him even as I was saying hi after he walked away meh

The owner of my towns first LCS had a booth at the show. It was great seeing him after 20+ years. Bought a ton of silverage X-Men books from him for 60 - 70% off :)

It was great seeing the CGC booth busy the whole time I was there. Droping off books went smooth

It was truly amazing how much traffic the CGC booth had. Seems there was a small line all day long.

I have one request, when you see silver/bronze artists at other conventions,

ask they if they would consider an old school Convention like CalComicCon

as a guest. The most difficult part of putting a show like this is getting Guest to come out for a one day show.

Thank you again! Terry O. Promoter - CalComicCon

I am really :censored: I was not there. I see pics now and lots of books I would try to buy. Terry you need 3 of these a year :wishluck:

The goal is to have other Dealer/Collectors emulate this show in other parts of the country.

I am already in discussion with a Collector in Denver area about reviving the Rockey Mountain ComicCon

and another Dealer/Collector about the Northwest ComicCon. The trick to putting on a show like this is

1. be willing to take a loss on the show ( IE: it costs me more to Promote it than I take in from tables and admission)

2. Keep it comic and art dealers centric,

3. Advertise to Comic book and comic art fans directly.

Alter Ego, Comic Convention web-sites, Chat Boards, Comic News Letters, local Comic shops and other comic Conventions

Anyone wanting to put on a similar show in their area let me know I will help as much as I can.

Terry O.

Edited by TerrysComics

Thanks Terry for putting on another great show. Also it was a pleasure getting to meet some boardies for the first time and finally assign a face to the names, apologies if I missed anyone. Got to meet Dr. Love, Junkdrawer, Buttock and Robotman. All really great people and some very passionate collectors. Thanks to everyone for stopping by my booth. I'll post a group shot of my pick ups in the group shot section.

Jeff

(Elite Comic Source)

WOW! Mike that is an incredible haul. :headbang:
Thanks man! Most of the came from Robotman, unbeknownst to me at the time.

Thanks again for the biz Mike. Hope you have fun with all them junky books! I wish I'd known you were on the boards. Looks like you got some other real good ones as well. Love the Fights. I think ForbushMan had them. I was eyeballing that #5

Terry:

Thanks again for putting this on. I can't imagine how much work it is. I think it was your best show yet. A real testament to you that you can attract collectors and dealers from all over the country for a small one day show.

I know you have been getting pounded for a bigger room, more days or more times a year. I for one, like it just the way it is. More than one day is one killer busy day and one slow dragging day. Bigger room means more dealers and more compettition for everybody. What you have here is how a con should be, don't change a thing!

Anybody promoting a comic book show needs to attend this and experience the electricity in the air from beginning to end.

The goal is to have other Dealer/Collectors emulate this show in other parts of the country.

I am already in discussion with a Collector in Denver area about reviving the Rockey Mountain ComicCon

and another Dealer/Collector about the Northwest ComicCon. The trick to putting on a show like this is

1. be willing to take a loss on the show ( IE: it costs me more to Promote it than I take in from tables and admission)

2. Keep it comic and art dealers centric,

3. Advertise to Comic book and comic art fans directly.

Alter Ego, Comic Convention web-sites, Chat Boards, Comic News Letters, local Comic shops and other comic Conventions

Anyone wanting to put on a similar show in their area let me know I will help as much as I can.

Terry O.

PM Sent... :P

Yeah and two Supe #1's a Bat #1, and an All Star #8. A bunch of Marvel #1's in the other case. I set up next to him. Most Of the day he left these in unlocked cases while he ran around. I tried to keep an eye on them but was REAL busy in my own booth. Just crazy!

You dolt....you were NOT supposed to keep an eye on these books for him. :makepoint:

Since he's probably had them for the longest while without being able to sell them, he most likely WANTS somebody to steal them so that he can finally recover his money by filing an insurance claim. :gossip:lol