• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOST IN SPACE on Netflix (2018)
1 1

59 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Almost every review I’ve read has said the FX are great, but it has none of the charm or heart of the original.

I don't remember the 1960s Irwin Allen series. Some special FX added to the natural forest backdrop of the Squamish, BC evergreens. So far, a balanced mix of family and teen conflict btwn the Robinson family and other Jupiter survivors. Up to episode 6 so far. Not a faster paced :$ warring battle FX series like Star Trek Discovery.  

so, i'm still working my way through this show and i've and some questions have arisen.

1) why don't these people have/want weapons?

2) why are all the guys wimps?

3) could they have let John try to fight off one of the "moth eaters" till the robot showed up? a little alpha male moment.

Netflix's Lost in Space reboot was renewed for a second season back in May of 2018 with fans eagerly waiting to find out what happens next for the Robinson family, but now that long wait is almost over. Netflix debuted the trailer for Lost in Space Season 2 on during the show's panel at New York Comic Con on Saturday and not only did it give fans an exciting look at the upcoming season, but it also revealed its release date. The series' second season will debut on Netflix on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2019.

Set 30 years in the future, Lost in Space follows the Robinson family after their exploratory space vessel hits an unidentified phenomenon that strands them on an unexplored planet. The show is a reboot of the original 1963 Lost in Space series but updated for modern audiences. Updating the beloved property for a new generation is something that showrunner Zack Estrin previously talked about and how his plan for the series is to appeal to both old and new fanbases.

“Fans of the original show should know we maintain the core of what was special about that experience of watching that as a child — that here’s this incredible family that’s off on this amazing adventure,” said Estrin. “For new fans of the show, there’s a certain baggage associated with the title — ‘Oh, that’s that campy show from the ’60s,’ or, ‘That’s that movie from the ’90s that was … what it was.’ We are taking that core of an idea — the Robinson family is striving to hold together and survive in this incredible circumstance — and as much as this show is Lost in Space, it could be a shipwreck on an island. It just happens to be in space, and we think it’s going to have a broad appeal beyond genre fans.”

I finished Season Two the other night. Fantastic!

There was a concern with a certain plot point that in the finale then would have made a decision crazy.

Spoiler

Scarecrow being brought back to the planet to heal him, which then appeared as if he brought on a robot army for revenge - NOT THE CASE, though.

Overall, a really fun take on the original series matched to modern times.

29 minutes ago, RANDOM ACTS said:

Bring back the real Doctor Smith! This show was not my cup of tea.

I can understand the show not working for some people. I'm a Lost In Space syndication baby that loved watching each episode repeatedly for years.

But for me, this modern take was interesting and entertaining. Especially with having a tough and take-charge Maureen Robinson.

37 minutes ago, RANDOM ACTS said:

I understand and respect your point of view, but I loved Jonathan Harris in the role, just like Leonard Nimoy and Christopher Reeve will always be my MR.Spock and Superman. Sorry man as I see your POV, but Harris, Nimoy and Reeve are my childhood heroes and no one can persuade me to leave them. 

Going forward I will try to be more open minded, but those three are my childhood idols.

Oh, no worries. I respect your stance on this. Never a worry.

:foryou:

Love what you love. 

Netflix’s Lost in Space will blast off on its third and final mission on December 1, and the streamer released a stack of first look images and a teaser trailer.

Series stars include Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, Maxwell Jenkins, Mina Sundwall, Taylor Russell, Ignacio Serricchio, and Parker Posey.

Showrunner Zack Estrin and Executive Producers Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless spoke with Screen Rant about the changes each Robinson grapples with in the final season, and what's in store for the legacy of the franchise.

• SR: The show ending is bittersweet. But you still have a relationship with Netflix. Are there any thoughts for a Lost in Space spin-off or continuing the legacy in some way?
  • Zack Estrin: The way that we've always viewed this is that Lost in Space has been around before this iteration, and there's no doubt that it will continue because the story is universal. But for us, we were writing one chapter of the Robinson story. And I think that because of the nature of it - it takes two years to make a season of this show - that if Lost in Space was to continue, it would be different. Will Robinson has grown up, and the family is becoming a different unit. If it was to continue, I think it would look very different than it certainly does now. Just like this show looks very different than the original one that was in the 60s. But the story is so timeless, there's no doubt that the Robinsons have future stories in someplace - who knows where or in what medium. But there are many more stories to tell. For me personally, working with Netflix has been so fantastic that it's just amazing to continue telling stories with them. I can't talk too much about some of the next things that are coming, but they are coming. There are a lot of great things to do together as the years go on.
  • SR: I am very much looking forward to those things and, Burke and Matt, I'm also looking forward to Morbius.
  • Burke Sharpless: We've talked about it. We started writing Morbius at the same time that we originally started pitching Lost in Space and doing it. In that time, we've done three seasons of the show, and the movie still hasn't come out yet.