• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EAST COAST COMIC CON - APRIL 29 & 30, 2017 - SECAUCUS, NJ
1 1

62 posts in this topic

Damn! I was hoping that Art Adams would have my commission done for this show but haven't heard from him. Oh well, that is a list I don't mind sitting on. (And I have the cash right now, which is rare.)

ulisesinked.jpg

here is a commission from guest Ulises Farinas. Doc in his study which is filled with pop culture references. I have a computer colored one in my CAF but cannot drag it here. I only asked for the stones from 5th Element and some stuff from National Treasure (the glasses for instance) but the rest is Ulises.

East Coast Comic Con haul

1. JOSE LUIS GARCIA LOPEZ - Batman bust in colored pencils (pre-done) - $220 and not one regret.

No raffle. First 3 who asked about commissions were the ones who got them. Closed for the day  -- $80 on art paper or $100 on a Blank Cover, bust only.

He had a portfolio of art and sketches. For some reason, he prices the rough sketches the same as his fully rendered merchandising art. He had a full figure Batman for $160 in regular pencil but it was the Christian Bale Batman.

2. GEOFF DARROW - Big Guy and Rusty - $150 and this was the smaller one.

Geoff had a number of original pieces for sale in his portfolio ranging from $40-$1000. He was also selling prints.

3. KEVIN ALTIERI - $50 Batman pounding Joker.

Black & White art was $20 and full color was $50 either on his paper, or your sketchbook. He takes his time doing the art, just be patient.

He was signing for free so I got BATMAN ADVENTURES #1 signed along with BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM OFFICIAL COMIC ADAPTATION as well as my BATMAN: ANIMATED signed. It's a rare book that was released years ago and I have Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy autographs already on it.

- JOE GIELLA was there and sigs for CGC were $10. I got two 8.5 DETECTIVE COMICS issues signed. He was not taking commissions but he was selling prints and pre-done art. Cheapest was a Batman Headshot with BATMAN written above his head like the 70s logo. That was $195. He also had a nice bust of Green Lantern using his ring for $200.  Everything else were full figure(s) starting $275 and up.

- DON MCGREGOR was charging $5 for autographs and he had a few graphic novels available for sale.

- KEN LASHLEY was booked for commissions for the the whole weekend the minute the doors opened.  He had some XMEN art for sale as well.

- Jim Salicrup was sketching $5 full color art which looked like a 5 year old did it.

Glad to here George Perez is better.

Was a bummer that he and Art Adams coudnlt make it but that's life. Mike Manley also didn't make it. 

Was hoping to get on Garcia Lopez's list but it was full within minutes. Plus he didn't come until 11:30. 

Prearranged Ken Lashley. Obtained Tucci, Franco and Macguire at the show. And picked up some gold and silver batman books.

And saw a Batman 1 in 2.0 blue at Anthony's table. He had a very bad accident on his way home from Chicago but thank goodness everyone is ok.

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

Love all the art pics you guys have posted.

Geoff Darrow always rocks.

Ken Lashley's commissions go all out especially if you pre-arrange them.  I believe he kept 2 complete issues and covers for himself from his initial X-Men run but was selling the other issue through his dealer rep Albert.

Who doesn't love Baby Groot?  Lol.

Congrats guys.

I'm hesitant about attending Sunday because commission lists are already filled and many guests leave early.    Ticket prices are high for a show in NJ but their guest list, even with cancellations are top notch.  They may have had to pay some of the A - listers an appearance fee to draw the crowds.

Cheers!

N.

Edited by NelsonAI