• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'I'm now interested in a superhero role...' OFFICIAL THREAD - OFFICIALLY

39 posts in this topic

Aubrey Plaza wants to play Catwoman in ‘Gotham City Sirens’

aubrey-plaza-wants-catwoman.jpg?quality=

During a Reddit Ask Me Anything today to promote her new movie The Little Hours actress Aubrey Plaza was asked which movie she wishes she could be a part of, and she said that she wants to play Catwoman.

Plaza is best known for her comedy roles but she’s done some serious work as well. She’s been a part of the superhero world before too, starring in the X-Men spinoff series Legion.

Scott Eastwood would love to pop his claws as the next Wolverine

wolvieeastfb1.jpg

Earlier today, while attending the panel for PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING, in which Eastwood plays Nate Lambert in the film, Comicbook.com caught up with the actor backstage at Madison Square Garden. While making the press line rounds, Eastwood was asked the following question: If he could suit up as any superhero on the big screen, which character would he choose to portray? Eastwood then enthusiastically replied, "Weapon X! "I mean, Logan!" Eastwood said. "You gotta give it to Wolverine! Wolverine, all day."

'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Star Still Campaigning to Play Marvel's Miss America

stephanie-beatriz-marvel-miss-america-10

Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Stephanie Beatriz used the Thanksgiving holiday to let Marvel Studios know something she would be thankful for: Playing the character of America Chavez (aka Miss America) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

dcDyipL.png

This latest image from Beatriz's Instagram page is just the latest step in the actress's campaign to win the Miss America role; back in the spring she outright tweeted her desire to play America Chavez, and even stipulated that Miss America comic book writer Gabby Rivera be recruited to -script the live-action character. To give people better visual motivation, Beatriz also dressed as Chavez for Halloween. So far, judging by social media reaction, Marvel fans would be all for it. Beatriz is a longtime standout in the Brooklyn Nine-Nine ensemble, playing hardass (and monotone) cop, Rosa Diaz.

How is it determined who owns the rights to the villains ? I thought about this wondering who would own the character Juggernaut. He was first appearing in X-Men 12 but he also fought The Hulk (the first book I read as a kid with him in it). There used to be some animation with him in it of some sort but I can't remember what it was or if it was just a short clip or something. ust remember it being funny.

anyway-- not sure how they determine who owns what character

Did Katheryn Winnick Just Drop Another Hint About Wanting To Play The DCEU's Black Canary?

It looks like Katheryn Winnick would still love to enter the comic book world - but could it be as Black Canary?

During a recent Twitter Q&A, a fan asked Winnick if she'd be interested in a comic book movie role, in a tweet accompanied with a Black Canary gif. Winnick ended up replying pretty optimistically to the question, saying "Bring it on!"

EgTOnFH.png

WWrTUbl.png

:wishluck:

DOCTOR STRANGE Star Mads Mikkelsen Wants To Play A Superhero But You'll Never Guess Which One

"If I had to pick one hero that I would love to play, that would be an older version of Spider-Man," said Mikkelsen. "I’ll do that. I’d be an old one, obviously! The funny thing about him being called Spider-Man is ironic, because he’s always been a boy." That's a fair point but what is it he loves about Peter Parker? Well, it sounds like he's a fan of the same thing most comic book fans love about Spidey.

"So if at any time they can live with my funny accent and an older Spider-Man, I’ll do it. Peter Parker is a fun character: He has a big mouth and he’s a little skinny guy, but he gets these enormous powers, which is every boy’s dream, right?"

John Krasinski Reacts To Being Fancast As Fantastic Four's Mr. Fantastic

It seems there are many fans who would love to see John Krasinski as a Marvel hero, but little did you know he already owns the costume.

A new fan casting placed him in the role of Reed Richards, better known as Mr. Fantastic. The image they created makes a compelling case, and Krasinski had some fun the premise as well.

Krasinski is talking about Emily Blunt of course, and by the comments, it seems fans would love to see her in the Fantastic Four as well. It's not related in any way mind you, but there are also fans who want to see Rainn Wilson as Doctor Doom and Steve Carell as Galactus, and either of those would be amazing.

15 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

:facepalm: do these fans understand that Mr. Fantastic is a tall skinny nerd???  The only person who should play Reed Richards is...

Adrien-Brody-2.jpg.889ce41db0f97c7e89c33797204b6c02.jpg

Of course, the movie would have to be directed by Wes Anderson.

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Man I can't stand that guy.

Have you seen his Predator movie?!?!?  He can go from a nerdy role to one of the all time bad@$$ in a movie.  How can you not like that kind of talentO.o?

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:

Of course, the movie would have to be directed by Wes Anderson.

They made Thor a comedy.  Why not make Fantastic Four an Indie movielol.

3 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Have you seen his Predator movie?!?!?  He can go from a nerdy role to one of the all time bad@$$ in a movie.  How can you not like that kind of talentO.o?

I really liked his performance in Predators. And even as an oddball character in Grand Budapest, he made it fun.

Now can he make a stinker? 'Dragon Blade' with John Cusack was really bad. He played such a wooden emperor, it was tough to sit through.

Attention, Marvel Studios: Eugenio Derbez wants to play a villain in the MCU. “I’m not the kind of guy who is tough, so I would like to do something sweet but very mean,” the actor tells me. “I want to be extremely mean — but something very smiley and charming.” In his latest film, “CODA,” Derbez shows off his dramatic chops playing a high school music teacher who inspires one of his students (Emilia Jones), whose parents are deaf, to pursue her dream of becoming a singer. He learned how to play piano for the role. “My teacher was the same who was coaching Ryan Gosling for “La La Land,” he says.