• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Davis and GARFIELD are coming to the San Diego Comic !

12 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gentlemen....it's Garfield and friends! For the first time EVER, Jim Davis, the man who created everyone's favorite lasagna-loving feline, is coming to the San Diego Comic Con EXCLUSIVELY with Hermes Press at booth 1821!

You may have heard about our new book that's coming out, The Art of Jim Davis' Garfield...well Jim and Garfield are coming to SDCC to the world premiere the limited edition of our most orange book yet!

Jim Davis will be speaking about his amazing cat at our panel at SDCC, and then afterwards will be signing the limited quantities of this very special book! There will also be a special video about the book, as well as a Q&A towards the end of the panel.

This will mark Jim Davis' FIRST appearance at SDCC ever- so if you want to meet the man who created Garfield...now's your chance!

Also appearing at our booth is our new Phantom artist Sean Joyce, Scratch9 author Rob Worley, and more! Be sure to check out our schedule posted on our website, as well as live at our booth (#1821) at the con!

garfield.jpg

Jim Davis was at the 2016 Licensing Expo in Las Vegas a week ago, appearing without much fanfare, and folks just walked up (no lines nor crowds), got photo ops, autographs and even sketches. But unlike Comic Con, that was an industry trade show, only for professionals. He was a very gracious person to meet.

Ladies and Gentlemen....it's Garfield and friends! For the first time EVER, Jim Davis, the man who created everyone's favorite lasagna-loving feline, is coming to the San Diego Comic Con EXCLUSIVELY with Hermes Press at booth 1821!

You may have heard about our new book that's coming out, The Art of Jim Davis' Garfield...well Jim and Garfield are coming to SDCC to the world premiere the limited edition of our most orange book yet!

Jim Davis will be speaking about his amazing cat at our panel at SDCC, and then afterwards will be signing the limited quantities of this very special book! There will also be a special video about the book, as well as a Q&A towards the end of the panel.

This will mark Jim Davis' FIRST appearance at SDCC ever- so if you want to meet the man who created Garfield...now's your chance!

Also appearing at our booth is our new Phantom artist Sean Joyce, Scratch9 author Rob Worley, and more! Be sure to check out our schedule posted on our website, as well as live at our booth (#1821) at the con!

garfield.jpg

Any way of getting my hands on one of the signed copies if I am not able to attend SDCC?

Any way of getting my hands on one of the signed copies if I am not able to attend SDCC?

You might try going to: https://garfield.com/shop

The official website, as they might offer signed books.

You can buy original artwork (sketches and published strips) here directly from Jim Davis, so no marketplace mark-ups and the assurance of being authentic too.

You can buy original artwork (sketches and published strips) here directly from Jim Davis, so no marketplace mark-ups and the assurance of being authentic too.

Rather have a signed book, which the website doesn't offer. Original pages are $2K, can get a personalized print which is much cheaper, but a book is more value for the dollar and has a lot more strips to enjoy.

Their website redirects you to Hermes Press website and they don't offer you opportunity to purchase a signed copy.

Can someone please PM me if they can pick me up a signed copy from SDCC.

Just a heads up:

Hermes did offer a Signed version of this book to comic book stores. You can check with them if you want a signed version of the book. I realize the SDCC version will be a little more limited but if you can't get a hook up for that, there is another signed version that should be readily available.

Hope it helps.

I saw one on ebay for $150

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRE-SALE-SDCC-2016-The-Art-of-Jim-Davis-Garfield-SIGNED-Book-Exclusive-Cover-/331909190218?hash=item4d4754524a:g:DoQAAOSwtnpXiHGj

Thanks! I ordered one of SDCC copies off of Hermes Press's website and Brian is kindly picking it up for me.