• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying Collections for Flea Markets/Shops

73 posts in this topic

Or like this guy. I used to see him everyday coming home from work. He was standing on the parking mediun with a short box. Bought some OK SA from him cheap. Next time I stopped the good stuff was all gone and he had an Overstreet.

comicman1_zpsx5o0p8gr.jpg

I remember decades ago, the current Big Wow vendor/partners used to rent a large suite at a hotel right across from SDCC and hand out lots of flyers to the hordes in front of SDCC to direct foot traffic from comic book collectors to all their nicely layed out back issue :wishluck: long boxes. Either this was cheaper than renting 2 10' x 10' booths at SDCC or they applied too late and could not get corner tables at SDCC. :gossip:

I remember decades ago, the current Big Wow vendor/partners used to rent a large suite at a hotel right across from SDCC and hand out lots of flyers to the hordes in front of SDCC to direct foot traffic from comic book collectors to all their nicely layed out back issue :wishluck: long boxes. Either this was cheaper than renting 2 10' x 10' booths at SDCC or they applied too late and could not get corner tables at SDCC. :gossip:
WTF does this have to do with selling at flea markets?

:makepoint: selling

WTF does setting up at an hotel next to SDCC have to do with selling at a flea market?

WTF does setting up at an hotel next to SDCC have to do with selling at a flea market?

There's fleas in San Diego :P

I doubt you could even set up at a "swap meet" for $14. out here. I do the Long Beach Veteran's Stadium Antique Flea Market on the 3rd Sunday of the month. (google it). It is HUGE and filled with a lot of quality Antiques and collectibles. Probably the best show in LA. It costs me $85. for a 10' x 20' space.

I doubt you could even set up at a "swap meet" for $14. out here. I do the Long Beach Veteran's Stadium Antique Flea Market on the 3rd Sunday of the month. (google it). It is HUGE and filled with a lot of quality Antiques and collectibles. Probably the best show in LA. It costs me $85. for a 10' x 20' space.

Yeah, at $14, I figured the only thing I could really lose is time. lol

I read reviews about it, and apparently it's one of the best ones around my area, but still not sure what kind of stuff they have.