• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, The Voord said:

A heavy dose of multiculturalism seems to be the order of the day.

Also, dyspraxia is a common symptom of high-functioning autism / Asperger's Syndrome.  I'm extremely clumsy.

Introducing a character with these traits is also becoming a bit predictable and clichéd, either explicitly, or, as in this episode, stealthily.

11 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I haven't watched it yet so I can't give my opinion right now. Does anybody know how I can watch this in the USA if I missed the first episode? thanks in advance.

The only thing I could come up with was BBC iPlayer, but I don't think that's available in the US, sadly.

20 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I have it and the only things I can't do is catch or dance even some children's games that use hand or feet coordination  leaves me blank. 

I hope that's an appropriate emoticon in the previous post.

I can empathise.  :frown:

Edited by Ken Aldred

9 hours ago, The Voord said:

I was totally underwhelmed by Jodie's debut story as a female Doctor.  The monster was less Predator, more Tooth Fairy.  A heavy dose of multiculturalism seems to be the order of the day.  I haven't a clue who most of the forthcoming guest stars are, as previewed at the episode's end.  Might get better as the season unfolds but I'm not holding my breath . . .

It's the 'tailored' multiculturalism that irks. Always Westernised. Always slim and pretty. Note the fat woman died. No fat companions allowed. Or old women. Who wants to see that. 

See what I did there?

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Also, dyspraxia is a common symptom of high-functioning autism / Asperger's Syndrome.  I'm extremely clumsy.

Introducing a character with these traits is also becoming a bit predictable and clichéd, either explicitly, or, as in this episode, stealthily.

Yep. Always A 'worthy' in there who can overcome their disability. You never see a white banker who has to overcome out of control materialistic urges do you. Or a career criminal who has to learn the impact of their deeds on others.

It's lazy preachy TV by numbers. The polar opposite of what Dr Who should be about. 

I watched the 1st episode last night and I thought it was ok.  Nothing ground breaking but it flowed pretty well.  The production seemed top notch with a heartfelt story line.  I'd give it an enjoyable B-.

1 minute ago, The Voord said:

Here's the original painted artwork I own, by Ron Turner, used for printing for THE DALEKS strip that ran on the back page of the 1960s UK magazine, TV Century 21.

Daleks.jpg

Cor. That's lovely (worship)

9 hours ago, The Voord said:

I've lived in the UK all my life and I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone say, "Cor" . . . or "Blimey" . . . or even, "Cor, Blimey".  lol

Blimey! :whatthe:

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

No.

I stream just about everything now.

The only things I watch at a set time are sporting events. Most of the time I watch movies/tv by on demand.

Sorry fella. Can't help you. All I know is it's on BBC America.