• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

Bought "Destiny of the Daleks" tonight.  Terry Nation's last Dalek scripted one.

Just watching it piece by piece, as I used to do nightly as a kid while watching PBS.

I dunno the Romana regeneration scene doesn't feel as ridiculous as I remembered it.

After "Shada," Lalla Ward has grown on me.  She's no Mary Tamm, but she tried.

The "Terror Nation" doc was outstanding.

Really in the mood to get another Terry Nation one now, "The Android Invasion."  I have his other non-Dalek one, "The Keys of Marinus" (the Doctor goes all Perry Mason) somewhere.

There was an improvement in the latest episode, I thought, from complete toss to unmemorable sub-mediocrity.

On 11/16/2018 at 7:12 PM, Ken Aldred said:

There was an improvement in the latest episode, I thought, from complete toss to unmemorable sub-mediocrity.

I'm watching this week's episode now, live. Half way through.

There was a scintilla of emotion in lasts weeks Punjab episode which resonated with me, if I'm honest, due to recent experiences. The previous weeks I stopped watching half way through. I've never done that before. 

Back to this week's episode.  It is so boring I could pass out. I want the person who created the constant insipid back ground music tried for war crimes. Well,  it's an assault on my ears. 

I don't know who JW is trying to be, but I don't recognise her character as the Doctor. At all. She is irritating and without any air of authority or history. I don't see that changing alas.

This take on the show is horrible. Truly horrible. I could take to Yaz, we're she a lone companion to a different Doctor under a different production team.  I think she'd actually be better than Jodie as the lead. Like that would ever happen.   

What a sorry state of affairs. Cancellation beckons.....:frown:

I fell asleep through most of this week's episode (seriously).  I was up very early this morning to catch a flight back to the UK from Germany.

From the bits I saw, it kinda looked  ker-rubbish.

Not too sure I want to give the episode another go, when I feel less fatigued, so  unless I start reading some positive feedback (from non-sycophantic Whovian types), I doubt that I will.

More thoughts, please?

4 minutes ago, The Voord said:

I fell asleep through most of this week's episode (seriously).  I was up very early this morning to catch a flight back to the UK from Germany.

From the bits I saw, it kinda looked  ker-rubbish.

Not too sure I want to give the episode another go, when I feel less fatigued, so  unless I start reading some positive feedback (from non-sycophantic Whovian types), I doubt that I will.

More thoughts, please?

You'd have more fun playing a game of kerplunk Voord....

Save yourself the bother.  This is not Doctor Who. It hasn't advanced the character one iota in seven episodes . More life in Capaldi's eye brows. 

2 minutes ago, The Voord said:

Best FB comment I just read:

"In next weeks episode... The Dr along with her new companions, Bungle and Zippy, take on the Teletubbies and gives them a jolly good telling off." 

If only it were that deep...

10 hours ago, The Voord said:

Best FB comment I just read:

"In next weeks episode... The Dr along with her new companions, Bungle and Zippy, take on the Teletubbies and gives them a jolly good telling off." 

A fair point.

This does actually make sense, plot wise.  The politically correct Team Tardis is still missing a gay character, and this oversight could be corrected here by recruiting Tinky Winky.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

A fair point.

This does actually make sense, plot wise.  The politically correct Team Tardis is still missing a gay character, and this oversight could be corrected here by recruiting Tinky Winky.

You're saying Bungle was straight Ken!? :whatthe:

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You're saying Bungle was straight Ken!? :whatthe:

I always thought he was just very softly-spoken.

That said, you would expect a brown bear to be much more aggressive.

Regardless of his orientation, I wouldn't risk having anything ursine in the Tardis, just in case he had a sudden temper tantrum, although it would be interesting to watch him dismember a Cyberman in an unexpected, out-of-character berserker rage.

Certainly much better than anything we've seen in the current series, so far.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I always thought he was just very softly-spoken.

That said, you would expect a brown bear to be much more aggressive.

Regardless of his orientation, I wouldn't risk having anything ursine in the Tardis, just in case he had a sudden temper tantrum, although it would be interesting to watch him dismember a Cyberman in an unexpected, out-of-character berserker rage.

Certainly much better than anything we've seen in the current series, so far.

Indeed.

I'm formulating my own episode now Ken, which I plan to submit to Chris Chibnall for season 12 consideration. It's called "A Toilet in The Tardis"

Here's the synopsis Ken:

It was a lovely sunny day, but Bungle the bear was desperate for a slash. There were no urinals to be found anywhere, as you would expect in a civilised country. Suddenly, Bungle heard a wheezing, groaning sound (thank you Terrance ) and out of the blue.....

Image result for bungle rainbow gif towel

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed.

I'm formulating my own episode now Ken, which I plan to submit to Chris Chibnall for season 12 consideration. It's called "A Toilet in The Tardis"

Here's the synopsis Ken:

It was a lovely sunny day, but Bungle the bear was desperate for a slash. There were no urinals to be found anywhere, as you would expect in a civilised country. Suddenly, Bungle heard a wheezing, groaning sound (thank you Terrance ) and out of the blue.....

Image result for bungle rainbow gif towel

:frustrated:that flaming Dicks censor!

12 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

A fair point.

The Doc is gay.