• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Octavius said:

To be taken with a grain of salt....

:wishluck:

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

We can only hope.

Yes. Let us all pray, hope, cross our fingers, sacrifice a small goat whilst chanting 'Eldrad must live!' - anything to hasten the demise of this universally shocking, piddle poor production.

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

So... on a scale of Tom Baker being the best (Capaldi best new series doc, imho :shy:  ) to Sylvester McCoy being the worst (at everything,) I cannot believe anything could be as bad as a McCoy episode?

Yes, it can. Any Chibnall / Whittaker episode. They make the worst McCoy seem like Marlon Brando at the height of his powers in a Hitchcock film. 

Capaldi: "Kidneys! I've got new kidneys! I don't like the colour."

Whittaker: "Brilliant!"

Capaldi: "Who frowned this face?"

Whittaker "Ah see summat needs fixin. Ah do what I can."

Zero hour contracts anyone?  

Oh come on! A ten year old would be insulted by it. I know, I listened to two of them discussing it on the train to work.

This is the worst season ever for writing, plotting, acting, everything. It's like a sixth form production. And Whittaker has no depth at all. She is given nothing to work with and does nothing with it.

Zero hours contracts!  What's next week? The Doctoress takes on the terror of the 'Tory', a terrifying new set of villains in suits. A bit like the Silence,  but less left wing. Sorry, my mistake,  they'd be called the 'Tori' with an I, not y. So clever! 

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Zero hour contracts anyone?  

Oh come on! A ten year old would be insulted by it. I know, I listened to two of them discussing it on the train to work.

This is the worst season ever for writing, plotting, acting, everything. It's like a sixth form production. And Whittaker has no depth at all. She is given nothing to work with and does nothing with it.

Zero hours contracts!  What's next week? The Doctoress takes on the terror of the 'Tory', a terrifying new set of villains in suits. A bit like the Silence,  but less left wing. Sorry, my mistake,  they'd be called the 'Tori' with an I, not y. So clever! 

I'll be viewing it across the pond when it comes to Blu Ray on January 29th.  I had my hopes up since it was rated at a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, but that was just 33 critics.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'll be viewing it across the pond when it comes to Blu Ray on January 29th.  I had my hopes up since it was rated at a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, but that was just 33 critics.

Whittaker must have 32 siblings.  

27 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. Let us all pray, hope, cross our fingers, sacrifice a small goat whilst chanting 'Eldrad must live!' - anything to hasten the demise of this universally shocking, piddle poor production.

LOL, I was just watching "Pyramids of Mars" ("Sutekh must live!")  I was trying to get in the spirit after buying a bunch of Baker DVD's on ebay

Lost out on "The Horror of Fang Rock" and "Face of evil" last night though. :( 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

LOL, I was just watching "Pyramids of Mars" ("Sutekh must live!")  I was trying to get in the spirit after buying a bunch of Baker DVD's on ebay

Lost out on "The Horror of Fang Rock" and "Face of evil" last night though. :( 

Never mind Sutekh - Eldrad must live!

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I'll be viewing it across the pond when it comes to Blu Ray on January 29th

Don't buy it.  Please don't.  It's terrible.  Really, really terrible.

Edited by Ken Aldred

30 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Now come on Ken, I expect you of all people to be more effusive with your disdain. Try something like this; "It's the quintessence of horsesh*t". 'Terrible' just doesn't cut the mustard,  even with a 'really, really' precursor. Try harder please. This is Chibnall / Whittaker we're talking about here after all. 

I’m sure Alice Nutter should make an appearance in the next episode; the most memorable of the Pendle witches, for some reason.

It’s a shame, though, that it’s a couple of centuries too early for Lancashire Kitchens to be featured, unless The Doctor decides to remodel the interior and controls of The Tardis some other time.

9 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

It’s intended to be in a David Cronenberg style.

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’m sure Alice Nutter should make an appearance in the next episode; the most memorable of the Pendle witches, for some reason.

It’s a shame, though, that it’s a couple of centuries too early for Lancashire Kitchens to be featured, unless The Doctor decides to remodel the interior and controls of The Tardis some other time.

In the right hands, it could be a great episode. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

So... on a scale of Tom Baker being the best (Capaldi best new series doc, imho :shy:  ) to Sylvester McCoy being the worst (at everything,) I cannot believe anything could be as bad as a McCoy episode?

I always considered Col Baker to be the worst Doctor from the original run.