• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

Finally got around to finishing the series and I'm sad i wasted the time.  the last episode was ok but it just didn't flow very well and if you compare it to other doctors season finals you will see how horrible this year was.  The lady doctor was unwatchable at times and even when she was ok it felt so forced and I kept wanting to turn it off and go do something else.  All I know if I wont be back if she is there next season.  1 terrible season is all I can take.

18 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Finally got around to finishing the series and I'm sad i wasted the time.  the last episode was ok but it just didn't flow very well and if you compare it to other doctors season finals you will see how horrible this year was.  The lady doctor was unwatchable at times and even when she was ok it felt so forced and I kept wanting to turn it off and go do something else.  All I know if I wont be back if she is there next season.  1 terrible season is all I can take.

Shame isn't it. No Who this year, and the same crowd are due back in 2020. So at least two years before the possibility of a decent production team moving in with a decent Doctor, if the show isn't cancelled. It actually makes me quite mad. Bloody Chibnall / Whittaker. How dare they be so bad. How dare they kill my show. Bloody amateurs.  

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Shame isn't it. No Who this year, and the same crowd are due back in 2020. So at least two years before the possibility of a decent production team moving in with a decent Doctor, if the show isn't cancelled. It actually makes me quite mad. Bloody Chibnall / Whittaker. How dare they be so bad. How dare they kill my show. Bloody amateurs.  

Personally, I blame Capaldi.

I've only viewed about half the episodes this season, after being a regular watcher the last few years.  Some of it has been "ok" , but mostly nondescript.  Jodi seems like a fine actress, but it may be the writing that is letting me down.  The Doctor should carry the weight, heartbreak, history, burden, & triumphs of all previous Doctors but this one doesn't. It's like a brand new Doctor with no past. 

Edited by Mickey7

If I had to rank them:

Best of the best:    Tom Baker, David Tennant, Matt Smith

Very good:              Peter Davison, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee

OK:                         Peter Capaldi, Colin Baker, William Hartnell, Paul McGann, John Hurt

Hmm, no:                Sylvester McCoy, Jodie Whittaker

Just finished the commentary to "Image of the Fendahl."

It was a hoot!  A lot of it was probably pretend, but everybody in it was way too horny and Tom Baker was in full Austin Power-mode.

A nice counterpoint to what you saw as a kid.

Besides obvious technological advances, it holds up quite nicely.

But, I don't know what's scarier, the Fedahleen in a dark corner or Tom Baker, alone, in the same corner. lol 

Pretty cool, to see Benedict Cumberbunch's real-life mother in her prime, playing Thea.

talons.jpg.c559f5ceaf1fe5045d1ae0ae6f1928f0.jpg

10 hours ago, Skylath said:

Meh, Capaldi was good when he hated the humans and had a distinct apathy. After that they completely bombed it. 

Opinion noted. Regardless, he's still to blame.

10 hours ago, Skylath said:

Meh, Capaldi was good when he hated the humans and had a distinct apathy. After that they completely bombed it. 

I wouldn't say early cranky Capaldi hated the humans Skylath, but he was certainly less sympathetic to their pathetic tendencies than his prior selves. Although Colin was a grouch too, when he wanted to be. Especially when he wanted to say the same thing twice loudly. 

Back to Capaldi biscuit, how so 'bombed' in your opinion? Give us something to discuss hm

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

I wouldn't say early cranky Capaldi hated the humans Skylath, but he was certainly less sympathetic to their pathetic tendencies than his prior selves. Although Colin was a grouch too, when he wanted to be. Especially when he wanted to say the same thing twice loudly. 

Back to Capaldi biscuit, how so 'bombed' in your opinion? Give us something to discuss hm

Yes, please. Anything other than Whittaker!

4 minutes ago, Batman said:

Sorry, keep forgetting. Will try harder next time. If only I could forget those episodes as easily...

I found it surprisingly easy actually. Probably on account of nothing of note / worth happening throughout.

I've started again haven't I.

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I found it surprisingly easy actually. Probably on account of nothing of note / worth happening throughout.

It would appear so...

8 hours ago, Batman said:

Sorry, keep forgetting. Will try harder next time. If only I could forget those episodes as easily...

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I found this series very easy to forget because of my tendency to erase an episode from my PVR when I got bored about halfway through. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I found this series very easy to forget because of my tendency to erase an episode from my PVR when I got bored about halfway through. 

Series? What series?