• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes.

I can see the first episode of S12 now:

The Whitterer comes up against Missy. There's a tussle or sorts, and some space rays are involved. Anyway, long story short, they swap bodies and Gomez becomes the Doctor. The Whitterer becomes The Master, or Missy if you like, but is immediately killed by a tricky bout of Venusian flu. Regenerates into a cranky old man who immediately kills the 'Fam'. Fat Nan returns from the Netherworld in outrage but too is immediately killed before the police can query what she was doing up the tower that night. Cranky Master then breaks the fourth wall and, in a TV first, kills Chibbers with the death ray thing that used to make people really small. Not much power needed this time though, as he's already small, in artistic stature.

Gomez Doctor then proceeds to make good noises with a competent replacement show runner who never worked on Broadchurch in any capacity, just to make sure. Old monsters appear and stuff like that, and a fit bird enters the Tardis to the delight of all men over 40. But Gomez is having none of it, and maintains a monastic distance.

With order restored, and helped by an amazing central performance backed by intelligent, witty writing the BBC shunts the show all over the place until the ratings dwindle. 

With writing like this you should never criticize Chibbers:baiting:

14 hours ago, tv horror said:

Here's the fourth Doctor on his new novel which was to star Vincent Price as the Devil, Tom is a class act, oh and he has a womans hands!.:bigsmile:

Rhubarb, rhubarb! :bigsmile:

3 hours ago, Batman said:
8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. And Penelope Keith the new James Bond. 

Kate Beckinsale should be the new James Bond.

James Bond should be the new Kate Beckinsale.

50 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

James Bond should be the new Kate Beckinsale.

As long as it's Kate Beckinsale playing James Bond playing Kate Beckinsale. There is, after all, only one Kate Beckinsale.

s-l300.jpg.db574971d9a1a4f5e06c62e489786cf4.jpg

Are you looking forward to this release Steve?  I remember the original when it was first broadcast, who knew that these would never be repeated and were wiped. Being a TV historian I consider myself lucky that I have a great memory and that I had a family that watched all the same shows as me. Before the age of thirteen I thought my name was "Try another side!" :bigsmile:

6 minutes ago, Batman said:

As long as it's Kate Beckinsale playing James Bond playing Kate Beckinsale. There is, after all, only one Kate Beckinsale.

You rather like her, don't you Bats :luhv:

I remember the 97 version of her in Shooting Fish.  I saw a lot of films in 97, and remember her in that one. I can't recall too much about the plot or anything like that, but the one overriding memory I do have is "phwoooar"