• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Batman said:

Rumours that Tennent will be doing the same for the Eccleston regeneration remain unconfirmed at this time.

Basically, any northernness is going to be erased? 

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Basically, any northernness is going to be erased? 

"Brilliant, northern, I like northern me, do you like northern, northern isn't southern, or western even, I was in a western once as a northerner, northerns brilliant......"

50 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

New episode.

Absolute garbage with a bonus of a lot of heavy-handed ecological preaching.

I didn't watch it Ken. Tell a lie, I flicked over in the adverts and caught 30 seconds of it. Funnily enough, she was babbling unfunny, unclever sounding words really fast. So I turned back again. 

40 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I didn't watch it Ken. Tell a lie, I flicked over in the adverts and caught 30 seconds of it. Funnily enough, she was babbling unfunny, unclever sounding words really fast. So I turned back again. 

Chibnall didn’t write it, but it was still pants.

You were very wise.

8 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Chibnall didn’t write it, but it was still pants.

You were very wise.

He'd have likely had some input into the selection of the writer(s) though Ken, so he's not very good at that either if so. Sad to hear the preaching is back too. Seems to be infecting everything lately. Can no one just write a good entertaining story anymore without loading it with over bearing social messages? 

15 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I can't stand her MUGGING yes she is attractive but WHO (pun ) ever told told her it was her best feature was probably the Master!:roflmao:

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

He'd have likely had some input into the selection of the writer(s) though Ken, so he's not very good at that either if so.

As a show runner he’d want some consistency to the series, and so far he’s been a great success at keeping the material and execution at the same craptastic level for two seasons.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I can't stand her MUGGING yes she is attractive but WHO (pun ) ever told told her it was her best feature was probably the Master!:roflmao:

I am the Master, and you....will gurn and speak rubbish really really fast. 

Yup.  In order to emphasise the alien, super genius mind of 'The Doctor' we're going to have her ranting at hypersonic speed, puking incessant verbal diarrhoea which doesn't even amount to good stream of consciousness. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  In order to emphasise the alien, super genius mind of 'The Doctor' we're going to have her ranting at hypersonic speed, puking incessant verbal diarrhoea which doesn't even amount to good stream of consciousness. 

:roflmao:

cbpg1990.thumb.jpg.d5227a2a1cdc54c390ac93e21113abf4.jpg

I was looking through this old CBPG from 1990 today and spotted this advert at the back:

me2.thumb.jpg.6fbb9cec427f48d129753a126d940046.jpg

I thought the three Doctors looked familiar...

me.jpg.09d6c54233b18a7c83e6b6be48b81fd9.jpg

Then I realised why.

I drew them!

me3.jpg.3cb8271af332e9c1a4bd01d1a5eaac53.jpg

me.jpg.09d6c54233b18a7c83e6b6be48b81fd9.jpg 217061365_me3(2).jpg.d3a1d894164cbd6a6b9282085c0dde63.jpg

Cheeky sods!

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

cbpg1990.thumb.jpg.d5227a2a1cdc54c390ac93e21113abf4.jpg

I was looking through this old CBPG from 1990 today and spotted this advert at the back:

me2.thumb.jpg.6fbb9cec427f48d129753a126d940046.jpg

I thought the three Doctors looked familiar...

me.jpg.09d6c54233b18a7c83e6b6be48b81fd9.jpg

Then I realised why.

I drew them!

me3.jpg.3cb8271af332e9c1a4bd01d1a5eaac53.jpg

me.jpg.09d6c54233b18a7c83e6b6be48b81fd9.jpg 217061365_me3(2).jpg.d3a1d894164cbd6a6b9282085c0dde63.jpg

Cheeky sods!

13 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

So terrible then?

Terrible was episode 3 "Orphan 55". Spyfall was moderately entertaining. Funnily enough it was a Chibbers ep too. Let's not get excited... I'm sure it was just a one off fluke.