• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Skylath said:

further news in the BBC's constant bid for diversity: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51264879

Lenny Henry must have the right hump.

1 hour ago, Skylath said:

further news in the BBC's constant bid for diversity: https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51264879

The end of times! While I never agreed with the Doctor being made into a woman ( He is a male character) this is the last straw! If I were a black person this would insult me personally as only being used as the TOKEN black person, it's the same as a gay person what on Earth has their sexuallity got to do with getting a part? People should only be judged on their talent not what makes a person different. The great shame is that THEY have to make a point of highlighting that difference in the first place.

Ooo… Episode 5 had some interesting bits in it. But, of course, you're not watching it, are you? So you wouldn't know...

Well, not unless you watch Newsround meh

John Craven is the new Doctor Who.

Edited by Batman

3 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Batman's showing his age!:bigsmile: In fact I turned 61 today myself so I got your reference:preach:.. 

Happy Birthday Maurice :tink:

17 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Happy Birthday Maurice :tink:

Thank you Steve much appreciated, just as you posted I was showing my nephew your Dr Who drawings and he was blown away at your talent he even asked me do you do commissions?(thumbsu

11 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Thank you Steve much appreciated, just as you posted I was showing my nephew your Dr Who drawings and he was blown away at your talent he even asked me do you do commissions?(thumbsu

Ha! Haven't drawn anything for years alas. Dodgy eyes and all. Does he like any of the old Docs? 

23 hours ago, tv horror said:

The end of times! While I never agreed with the Doctor being made into a woman ( He is a male character) this is the last straw! If I were a black person this would insult me personally as only being used as the TOKEN black person, it's the same as a gay person what on Earth has their sexuallity got to do with getting a part? People should only be judged on their talent not what makes a person different. The great shame is that THEY have to make a point of highlighting that difference in the first place.

And it only happens when viewing figures deteriorate to a point where something desperately radical has to be attempted, or there's an emergent market to be tapped into by superficial, self-serving inclusion.  

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

Batman's showing his age!:bigsmile: In fact I turned 61 today myself so I got your reference:preach:.. 

As a baby boomer I remember John Craven as well, and the Reeves and Mortimer sketch where he sounded like a Dalek.

Happy Birthday !!!

Edited by Ken Aldred

I must remember not to turn on BBC1 around this time on a Sunday. 

Little bits of plastic we're ingesting didn't you know according to Jodie's latest speech. Silly humans. And some fella isn't getting on with his husband. So Graham's just had a chat with him. And Ryan hasn't done or said anything of any consequence. 

23 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Little bits of plastic we're ingesting didn't you know according to Jodie's latest speech

Yup. More tedious preaching. 

More Doctor Doomwatch than Doctor Who.  A show with an identity crisis.

The stony, crystallising effect of the skin infection reminded me straight away of the aliens from the Outer Limits episode ‘Feasibility Study’.

Edited by Ken Aldred