• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I looked for that as well, couldn't find it.

You must have it saved on your PC. :nyah:

It took a while to find it Harry. 'Peri gif' didn't work. 'Nicola Bryant gif' didnt work either. So I tried 'hot knockers' and up it popped. And the gif too. 

14 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yes. Doctor Who and the Tradesman's Entrance. By Terrance D icks wasn't it?

Not Malcolm Hulke?

giphy.gif

I always liked his work on the lizard's stories.

giphy.gif

Edited by Harry Lime

17 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Not Malcolm Hulke?

I always liked his work on the lizards' stories.

giphy.gif

They look a right pair of (sea) devils :)

@lizards2 

For those who may be interested, “Season 3“ of Tom Baker’s Doctor Who on Blu-ray now has a release date of July 21st. 

These Blu-ray releases have been a bit a mixed bag for me but I will definitely get this one though I’ll be waiting for the price to drop before pre-ordering. 

D5F76774-14DA-4801-90A5-1D9BE792080D.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

For those who may be interested, “Season 3“ of Tom Baker’s Doctor Who on Blu-ray now has a release date of July 21st. 

These Blu-ray releases have been a bit a mixed bag for me but I will definitely get this one though I’ll be waiting for the price to drop before pre-ordering. 

Eldrad must live!

Great season. Great season...

On 3/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, Number 6 said:

D5F76774-14DA-4801-90A5-1D9BE792080D.jpeg

That's my all time favorite season.  The Deadly Assassin, The Face of Evil and Robots of Death, back to back!

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

:bigsmile:

Bit of a missed opportunity there though: "SEEK, LOCATE. SELF ISOLATE!"

This may be old news to you UK board members as I believe there already is - or very soon will be - a UK Blu-ray release of this. 

But I just noticed that the US is scheduled to get a July 7th release of both of these on Blu-ray form Kino. Retail price is at $29.99 each right now, I’ll probably hold out until they get more in the neighborhood of $20. 
F51C85BE-9FBA-485E-9260-80E8E30D5684.jpeg.cd8d0ee7153376c8ea7bcb3e16b02c29.jpeg
C7E46B91-CD6A-451C-9752-4507CAF29E3B.jpeg.0fcb16c8ff356dd230dc962ad302ae71.jpeg

TARDIS Recipes

For this week’s #StayingInTheTARDIS challenge we want to see your edible Doctor Who creations - using food you’ve got at home, get creative! Can you make your own fish fingers and custard, jammie dodgers or Dalek cupcakes? Show us your tasty creations on Twitter and Instagram by tagging it with #StayingInTheTARDIS. We’ll share some of our favourites on our social media pages!

NEED SOME INSPIRATION?

Tardis.thumb.PNG.7d022a433a1ce953d6839cfd6ad20793.PNG

Doctor Who Streaming Guide For HBO Max

HBO Max launches today, and Doctor Who is coming along for the ride. The long-running BBC sci-fi series relaunched in 2005 and found new popularity both at home and oversees. Now 12 seasons into the "New Who" era, BBC is making HBO Max the exclusive streaming home of the new era of Doctor Who. In the 15 years since the series relaunched, it's gone through three showrunners and five leading actors. There are many Doctor Who stories to dig into, and while most of them have something of value, not every single one is essential to the series or worth the time it takes to watch them.

If you're ready to start with episode one and watch the entire series, go for it! It's a worthwhile endeavor. If you want a guide to the best and most essential stories in the series, that's where we come in. We've compiled a guide to the must-watch Doctor Who episodes for your binge-viewing pleasure.

Doctor Who is like a long-running superhero comic in that occasional creative team shakeups leads to periodic changes in tone and style. These moments are excellent places to jump into the series. Here are some starting points:

• Season 1 - Star at the beginning! Starting here is what we recommend for most newcomers. Russell T. Davies relaunched Doctor Who with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. By Season Two, David Tennant replaced Eccleston and is the definitive Doctor for many fans. Davies loved to write stories about modern trends and events with a light-hearted and accessible tone.
  • Season 5 - Steven Moffat, the breakout writer of the Davies era, took over as showrunner after Davies left. Moffat was less into modern allegory and more interested in clever (some say too clever) story structure and examining Doctor Who's internal mythology. Matt Smith debuts as the Doctor in this season. At first, he isn't too different from Tennant, making it a smooth transition, but he drifts from his predecessor as time goes on.
  • Season 8 - This season isn't the major overhaul that Season 5 was since Moffat remains the series' showrunner. However, Peter Capaldi replaces Smith as the Doctor and brings a different energy to the series. If you want a Doctor that's a little less goofy and a little more the adult in the room, start here.
  • Season 10 - This season is still Moffat as showrunner and still Capaldi as the Doctor, but is even more self-contained than previous seasons. If you want a Doctor Who taste-test, this isn't a bad season to try out.
  • Season 11 - Chris Chibnall, another Davies era writer, takes over a new showrunner, and Jodie Whittaker becomes the first woman to play the Doctor. It's hard to talk about Chibnall's era in the same way we talk about Davies and Moffat's because it's still early. Thus far, he seems to be a balance of Davies and Moffat, with his first season leaning more on Davies' style and his second season, Season 12, digging into the mythology the way Moffat did. If you want to get current with Doctor Who as quickly as possible, start here.

Wherever you choose to start, we've got a season by season guide at the ready.