• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

Forces TV are showing every episode at the moment. I'd forgotten how brilliant and bizarre it is.

Isn't it? The Railway Station was always my favourite. 

21 minutes ago, Batman said:

Isn't it? The Railway Station was always my favourite. 

I like them all - the 1930s murder mystery one is the weakest (the only one not written by creator PJ Hammond) but I'd be hard pressed to say which was my favourite out of the others since they're that good.

12 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I like them all - the 1930s murder mystery one is the weakest (the only one not written by creator PJ Hammond) but I'd be hard pressed to say which was my favourite out of the others since they're that good.

Agree, they're all very entertaining. The ones I thought stood out were The Railway Station and last story (I won't mention the DVD title as it gives it away).

3 hours ago, Batman said:

Agree, they're all very entertaining. The ones I thought stood out were The Railway Station and last story (I won't mention the DVD title as it gives it away).

Yes. The one with the faceless man was genuinely horrific, even forty years after it was filmed, and I thought the ending of the episode with the time travelers on the roof, with the reveal of how they travel through time, was gut wrenching. I wish they'd made more episodes.

7 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Yes. The one with the faceless man was genuinely horrific, even forty years after it was filmed, and I thought the ending of the episode with the time travelers on the roof, with the reveal of how they travel through time, was gut wrenching. I wish they'd made more episodes.

Take note, Dr Who writers.

(Just in case anyone thinks the gentleman at the top of screen looks familiar but can't place him... it's a young Ducky).

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve never watched Sapphire and Steel.

I should do, by the sound of it.

Definitely recommended, Paul.

There are only 6 'Assignments' and should really be watched in order. Forces TV have been showing them all.

11 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Definitely recommended, Paul.

There are only 6 'Assignments' and should really be watched in order. Forces TV have been showing them all.

I've just recorded series 6, all 4 episodes, this morning.

It doesn't appear to be looping back to the beginning this week, though.  :frown:

10 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I've just recorded series 6, all 4 episodes, this morning.

It doesn't appear to be looping back to the beginning this week, though.  :frown:

They showed them out of order. I just recorded them all and then watched them in order.

9 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

They showed them out of order. I just recorded them all and then watched them in order.

Exactly what I was thinking of doing.  :smile:

No great loss. 

A generally terrible, boring run of stories.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 minutes ago, D84 said:

New Doctor won't fix the bad writing.

If Chibnall continues it’s most likely just going to continue being boring and generally terrible, so it’s difficult to care about the news.

Just days after the Doctor Who special, Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks, debuted, rumors began to swirl that Jodie Whittaker is leaving her role as the 13th doctor after its forthcoming 13th season with a report from The Mirror that the actress is planning to quit the series. Now, The BBC has responded to that report (via Digital Spy), stating "We won't be commenting on any speculation around Jodie's future on the show."

On Sunday, The Mirror ran a report that Whittaker would be ending her Doctor Who run at the end of the upcoming 13th season of the popular series, citing insiders who claimed her departure was "hush-hush" and "top secret" and that Whittaker was looking to move on to other roles with the source also noting that while Whittaker's Doctor Who co-stars Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole were departing, while showrunner Chris Chibnall will remain.

However, Whittaker herself has recently indicated the opposite. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Whittaker explained her sadness filming the holiday special due to the departure of Walsh and Cole, but that she's also not even considering anything outside of her role as the Doctor.

"As far as I'm concerned, right now, I'm the Doctor and that's taking up everything of me, as an actor," Whittaker said. "And to think something beyond that, I can't put my head there, and I don't want to."

If Whittaker does stay on after the next season of Doctor Who, she will have the longest tenure of any modern Doctor actor. Whittaker's predecessor Peter Capaldi, as well as David Tennant and Matt Smith all did three seasons as the Doctor. Should Whittaker come back for Season 14, that would give her four full seasons as the Doctor.