• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It was boring.

I fast forwarded through it after 25 minutes or so.

Watching it on fast forward could be entertaining in a Benny Hill kind of way. 

12 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’m wasting my time recording this.

Watch it live Ken, then you can hate it in real time. 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:

Watch it live Ken, then you can hate it in real time. 

I’d just switch it off. In minutes.

5 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’d just switch it off. In minutes.

Can you quote the Benny Hill post Ken? I've got my Benny gif waiting and everything.  

You know, I'm not seeing what you guys are evidently seeing. Other than the hospital ship episode, I've enjoyed every episode of this series, and I thought a few were very good. This last one was excellent other than the

Spoiler

frog.

WTH was that about?

Anyway, I'd watch this ahead of almost anything from the John Nathan Turner period any day. I sometimes think we forget how bad Dr Who has been at various times right throughout its existence.

1 hour ago, AJD said:

You know, I'm not seeing what you guys are evidently seeing. Other than the hospital ship episode, I've enjoyed every episode of this series, and I thought a few were very good. This last one was excellent other than the

Reveal hidden contents

frog.

WTH was that about?

Dunno. I'd lost interest at that point. It had an air of hilarity about it, but I'm not sure that's what they were aiming for. Either way, the deaf would have had no chance lip reading it.

1 hour ago, AJD said:

Anyway, I'd watch this ahead of almost anything from the John Nathan Turner period any day. I sometimes think we forget how bad Dr Who has been at various times right throughout its existence.

Yes, it has. But that doesn't make it any easier to take that this season ranks among the lowest of those low points. The quality has fallen through the floor. JW fell through the roof of a train incidentally, and was unharmed. A metal roof of a train from a great height. Unharmed. The quality has also 'fallen through a roof' but, unlike the suddenly physically impervious Jodie Doctor, it has been smashed to holy :censored:

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Either way, the deaf would have had no chance lip reading it

I always watch with subtitles to compensate for attention deficit and to be able to focus better on the dialogue, especially if it’s something throwaway that I’m only likely to watch once on TV.  Unless it’s University Challenge, because that would spoil the questions.

I still didn’t think much of this week’s episode.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, The Voord said:

Watching this current season of Dr Who, I've slowly been losing the will to live . . . then, today, the mailman provided me with a lifeline.

OL 2.jpg

Great taste.  

I have both season DVD sets.

I finally got around to watching the male giving birth episode and it was horrible.  I've never looked at my phone more in any episode of Doctor Who ever.

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

New Blu-ray release from Kino Lorber.

I’ve only seen the US region copy advertised here.

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve only seen the US region copy advertised here.

They're released in both standard DVD and Blu-ray.  Season two is choc-full of extras, including the unscreened pilots for 'Please Stand By' and 'The Unknown'.  Commentaries on most episodes and the picture-quality is a big improvement on the earlier DVD sets.  Only available on Region A (USA) but I bought a multi-regional Blu-ray player a while back in preparation for OL seasons 1 and 2 being released in that format..

Edited by The Voord

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I finally got around to watching the male giving birth episode and it was horrible.  I've never looked at my phone more in any episode of Doctor Who ever.

That's how I feel. There's nothing to keep your attention and my mind wanders constantly. I couldn't keep my eyes off Capaldi. 

That came out wrong. 

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I always watch with subtitles to compensate for attention deficit and to be able to focus better on the dialogue, especially if it’s something throwaway that I’m only likely to watch once on TV.  Unless it’s University Challenge, because that would spoil the questions.

I still didn’t think much of this week’s episode.

There isn't any dialogue worth focusing on Ken. Miss it and you miss nothing. Again, re watch Deep Breath and you'll see what I mean. 

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

Watching this current season of Dr Who, I've slowly been losing the will to live . . . then, today, the mailman provided me with a lifeline.

OL 2.jpg

Dawn at Socorro :cloud9:

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

They've released in both standard DVD and Blu-ray.  Season two is choc-full of extras, including the unscreened pilots for 'Please Stand By' and 'The Unknown'.  Commentaries on most episodes and the picture-quality is a big improvement on the earlier DVD sets.  Only available on Region A (USA) but I bought a multi-regional Blu-ray player a while back in preparation for OL seasons 1 and 2 being released in that format..

A rare instance of something I'd buy again in high-definition.

Interested in better picture quality, as some episodes in the DVD sets are very grainy and dull-looking.

Wow! I just watched the first episode of Tom Baker's "Androids of Tara."  Seriously some light and breezy fun!

...and Mary Tamm's purple outfit and hat makes her look absolutely gorgeous.  Best Tom Baker companion outfit (if you disqualify Leela's lol .)

Gonna be a great three more episodes.  It's the first time I'm watching it in color.  Growing up I only had a 19' b/w Zenith.