• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sketches in Hardcovers - Anyone else collect these?

89 posts in this topic

I have others, but I'm on vacation and can't post the book covers. Here's the list:

Adam Strange.................................................Carmine Infantino..........Amazing World of Carmine Infantino

AdamStrangeByInfantino.jpg

Allie from Imagination Station...........................Agnes Garbowska.........Mymisiu Gazette Vol. 1

Garbowska,%20Agnes%20-%20Allie%20from%20Imagination%20Station.jpg

Austin Briggs..................................................Jamal Igle....................Molly Danger Vol. 1

vpL5KNNJ_2104152311471.jpg

Autograph & Sketch.........................................Marcus To....................Hacktivist

Autograph & Sketch.........................................Mike Kunkel................Timmy and the Moon Piece

Batman...........................................................Arlen Schumer.............The Silver Age of Comic Art

Batman...........................................................Mike Zeck.....................Raw Fury – The Art of Mike Zeck

0vQBTmYx_0811140214131.jpg

Brain...............................................................Maris Wicks.................Human Body Theater

Cat.................................................................Benjamin Dewey.............I Was the Cat

Cleopatra........................................................Mike Maihack...............Cleopatra in Space Book One

Cleopatra........................................................Mike Maihack...............Cleopatra in Space Book Three

Farlaine the Goblin and others (in Additional Images).........Anonymous..................Farlaine the Goblin 1 (1st print), 1, 2, 3, 4

ChO4rNq0_2705161232491sbpi.jpg

Flip....................................................................Farel Dalrymple............Dream Another Dream

7N8oCOJP_2001162311031.jpg

Golem.............................................................Dave Wachter..............Breath of Bones

Hawkman.......................................................Joe Kubert...................Tex – The Lonesome Rider

HawkmanByJoeKubert.jpg

Henry Lyme....................................................Matt Kindt.....................Mind Mgmt

Hero (in Additional Images)............................Mark Texeira.................Nightmares and Daydreams

rKohNLvI_2707152333381.jpg

Hero...............................................................Mark Texeira.................A Hero’s Death

JuqpLFjL_2707152332141.jpg

Khensu...........................................................Mike Maihack...............Cleopatra in Space Book Two

Mary Jane Watson...........................................John Romita.................John Romita’s The Amazing Spider-man Artist’s Edition

Romita,%20John%20-%20Mary%20Jane%20Watson%20(head%20shot%20only).jpeg

Morning Glories Cast Headshots – Part 1..........Joe Eisma.....................Morning Glories Deluxe Collection Vol. 1

Eisma,%20Joe%20-%20MGA%20Cast%20from%20Morning%20Glories%20(small).jpg

Morning Glories Cast Headshots – Part 2..........Joe Eisma.....................Morning Glories Deluxe Collection Vol. 2

DOnNLd5g_0710130123191.jpg

Morning Glories Cast Headshots – Part 3..........Joe Eisma.....................Morning Glories Deluxe Collection Vol. 3

Hfaf9Ya3_2611141300141.jpg

Robot.............................................................Ben Hatke....................Zita - Zita the Spacegirl

Scribbly and S&S.............................................Fred Hembeck.............The Nearly Complete Essential Hembeck Archive Omnibus

Scribbly,%20Sugar%20and%20Spike%20By%20Fred%20Hembeck.jpg

Self-Portrait.....................................................Craig Yoe.....................Comics about Cartoonists

ntLyTH1j_0606140838571.jpg

Sgt. Rock.............................................Billy Tuchi............. Sgt. Rock: The Lost Battalion

Tucci,%20Billy%20-%20Sgt.%20Rock.jpeg

Superhero Girl.................................................Faith Erin Hicks............The Adventures of Superhero Girl

gdkx0it5_1604161511301gpaiadd.jpg

Thor................................................................Walt Simonson.............Ragnarök th

TMhK6H9n_1612152132281.jpg

Trekker...........................................................Ron Randall.................Trekker (head sketch)

Winchell............................................................Ryan Fisher.................Torchlight Lullaby

8RBV1tca_1604161625261gpadd.jpg

Wrenchies Villain………………………………………….Farel Dalrymple…………The Wrenchies

S7kpEklD_1311140024341.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

I've never been huge on inside sketches, mostly cause I find it hard to display them (the only way to see them is to actually pull out the book and open it up). 

If I really loved the sketch I'd want it on my wall sometimes, but I'd never want to tear it out of the book.

That said, inside sketches have a very personal feel... Almost cozy, and I can see how they appeal to others. 

It would be a neat feeling to open up a copy of something and see a sketch for the first time, especially if I didn't know it was going to be there.