• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League #30 - 1st appearance of Jessica Cruz

28 posts in this topic

The Green Lantern Corps is set for a release within the DC Extended Universe in 2020.

With the prevalence of woman in such a film series; from Wonder Woman to the likes of the rumored Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn-solo movie adaptations; would the potential involvement of a female Green Lantern be remiss not to consider?

Plus wasn't there a rumor of Cruz potentially appearing in the film? Cruz is a creation of Geoff Johns, so her making an appearance isn't out of the question, especially given Johns is co-writing the scripts for Wonder Woman and The Batman, among other things ~

Would Justice League #30 v2 be a comic to keep on one's radar? It's 2 years old and presently can be obtained had a rather ridiculous price and god knows what would occur if Cruz is revealed within the GL Corps film.

But what do you think?

The market has changed. GL20 is the book currently. I cant sell enough of them none last longer then 1 day when I put them up for sale.

I wish it was different, but its not. The market has shifted away from traditional app/cameo in the modern market.

I can give you about a dozen examples in the last few months.

Maybe it will change again, but doesn't look that way anytime soon.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The market has changed. GL20 is the book currently. I cant sell enough of them none last longer then 1 day when I put them up for sale.

I wish it was different, but its not. The market has shifted away from traditional app/cameo in the modern market.

GL20 may sell for the most $$$ right now, but the definitions stay the same. MANY times lately the speculator market moves too fast, takes the first wiki hit it can find, and just puts money in the wrong places without even reading the material. The problem is, once money is in something, its hard to get it out. People are invested and they want it to stay that way, even when it doesn't make sense.

IMO It will fix itself only when people are tired of getting burned. I would be PISSED if I paid good $$$ on GL20 to read about this new Jessica Cruz character, and ended up with nothing but one panel and a fist. In the mean time, if the market is gonna pay good $$$ for these lame cameos, I'm happy to sell them all off, and keep loading up on 31's (thumbs u

The book that always appealed to me was #31. Kind of reminds me of ASM 298 299 300 but even better because she's on the cover of #31.

^this. Because it's how it should be.

Agreed, the only reason GL 20 is "the book" now because most follow the wiki without reading the book. Justice League 31 COMBO Pack with the digital code is the one to own.

Edited by catch21

GL20 may sell for the most $$$ right now, but the definitions stay the same. MANY times lately the speculator market moves too fast, takes the first wiki hit it can find, and just puts money in the wrong places without even reading the material. The problem is, once money is in something, its hard to get it out. People are invested and they want it to stay that way, even when it doesn't make sense.

IMO It will fix itself only when people are tired of getting burned. I would be PISSED if I paid good $$$ on GL20 to read about this new Jessica Cruz character, and ended up with nothing but one panel and a fist. In the mean time, if the market is gonna pay good $$$ for these lame cameos, I'm happy to sell them all off, and keep loading up on 31's (thumbs u

The book that always appealed to me was #31. Kind of reminds me of ASM 298 299 300 but even better because she's on the cover of #31.

You confused me the speculators that buy into this . You are preaching to the choir here. I am just telling how the current market it. You know this.

It doesn't matter whether we agree with it or not and its not going to change until the movie money and card collectors leave the hobby. That just the truth of the matter. It doesn't matter whether I like it or not because I don't.

You confused me the speculators that buy into this . You are preaching to the choir here. I am just telling how the current market it. You know this.

It doesn't matter whether we agree with it or not and its not going to change until the movie money and card collectors leave the hobby. That just the truth of the matter. It doesn't matter whether I like it or not because I don't.

I think you confused me with someone who confused you?. (now that's confusing)

I wasn't preaching to the choir, I was singing along. Just expanding on the song. :foryou:

As for books like this, I don't care where the $$ comes from, Speculating on a character is fun. Dumping that spec $$ into just the flat-out-wrong book from a fan and reader perspective is what will burn these lemmings and thin the herd. Anyone that actually likes/reads Jessica Cruz stuff, knows 31 is the real deal. I don't think she has moved out of spec territory and has yet to developed an actual fan base beyond speculation. When/ if she grows a real fan base, then we will see the change. The fact that GL20 even sells, tells me she doesn't have a fan base other than speculators, or true fans/readers would have flipped the -script already. No real fans = no real change.

Well, Jessica did not get her ring under the pretenses stated in GL #20 at all, so that ship is going to sail eventually and people will wake up to #30/31 as the go to books. The fact CGC has it labeled, (ala Batman Superman #32 ((still remains to be disproven))) means that I guess sometimes they (we) are wrong!

I will admit, I have gotten good money for the GL #20 variants, and even did a little dealer to dealer with one at megacon.

But it's sooo weak of an appearance. More like "Mentioned + Fist"

Well, Jessica did not get her ring under the pretenses stated in GL #20 at all, so that ship is going to sail eventually and people will wake up to #30/31 as the go to books. The fact CGC has it labeled, (ala Batman Superman #32 ((still remains to be disproven))) means that I guess sometimes they (we) are wrong!

I will admit, I have gotten good money for the GL #20 variants, and even did a little dealer to dealer with one at megacon.

But it's sooo weak of an appearance. More like "Mentioned + Fist"

Id like to believe that logic and a couple of years ago I would be right there with you. I think we are seeing an adjustment across the board in the market especially in the modern area. Id like to think this is just a fade, but the longer this stuff stays around the less I think it is.