• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KwanChang.com Original Art @ SDCC Booth # 4619

46 posts in this topic

How long after SDCC before you get the up on the site Kwan?

Never. I'm not putting these on the site. I'm just bringing them to SD and returning them to Chris before I fly home.

Maybe he will let me post some in the website.....but as of right now. It's just for SDCC

:wishluck:

I'm confused, so these pieces are or are not for sale on the board? If not, then I think this thread should not belong in the 'Original Comic Art Marketplace' section. Forgive me if wrong on that. It's just that I do not see any prices on these and I can speak for myself that I (who is not attending SDCC) am interested in a few of these.

You can advertise here for stuff that is in different venues... eBay. Sometimes people advertise that they will be having a sale at a certain time. If you are unable to be at a computer during that time, you might be out of luck. Same principle applies here. I see nothing wrong

exactly. There are many other threads just on page one of the OA Marketplace; I don't know why this one deserved to be singled out.

If you want something try Kwan and see what he says. He & I talked about that Bachalo Doc page the other day (well, emailed not talked) and he gave me a price no problem.

Kwan is good people.

Guys, not trying to single out any one. But there are rules for all sellers on the board to follow and one of which is to list the asking price. That is all. I don't think I was out of line for bringing it up.

From the guidelines:

"1. It must list purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for."

And for the record, Kwan definitely has some great pieces for sale, several of which I would love to add to my personal collection!

it's weird, just in the last few months i've seen people jump on these boards and complain about prices.

It's always been an unwritten rule here as far as i know that prices don't need to be put on stuff in the OA Forums.

I always prefer prices, but sometimes it's a PI item, or no prices until it goes on sale on xyz date, here's my preview.

Because we don't want those threads clogging up the main forum.

IF the listing is a boards for sale as opposed to an off-site link:

1. It must list purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

I think that first sentence is pretty important. It isn't on an offsite link. It is just offsite. lol

Have you contacted him?

IF the listing is a boards for sale as opposed to an off-site link:

1. It must list purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

I think that first sentence is pretty important. It isn't on an offsite link. It is just offsite. lol

Have you contacted him?

So, link to my CAF, say it's a sale via CAF and don't list prices. got it =)

Guys, not trying to single out any one. But there are rules for all sellers on the board to follow and one of which is to list the asking price. That is all. I don't think I was out of line for bringing it up.

From the guidelines:

"1. It must list purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for."

And for the record, Kwan definitely has some great pieces for sale, several of which I would love to add to my personal collection!

Honestly, no one really follows those rules to the letter here like they do in the comic book selling forums. (Where each rule is rigidly enforced.) That's why you're seeing the laissez-faire attitude.

Kwan's a business man. Give him a PM /email and you'll get a price.

From the guidelines:

Honestly, no one really follows those rules to the letter here like they do in the comic book selling forums. (Where each rule is rigidly enforced.) That's why you're seeing the laissez-faire attitude.

Kwan's a business man. Give him a PM /email and you'll get a price.

I think your statement pretty much sums it up for me and will take it as that is the way things go on the OA sales section. And so, fair enough :)

I have contacted Kwan asking about artist name and price, but only getting answer about the artist.

Anyway, don't want to make a stink about it. I just had some level of expectation on how sellers should conduct their sales on the board and in this case, it didn't match up with what I am accustomed to on the comic marketplace section.

I think you have to consider the timing of dealers at SDCC.

the rule is to prevent people doing something & a dealer should actually be giving you a price, which I'm sure he will since he wants to sell stuff. mostly likely just really busy right now.