• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller shipping from "Canada" actually shipping from Buffalo?

22 posts in this topic

Anyone dealt with this seller before on eBay? The book, Secret Hearts #4 was fine...pretty rare Canadian version of an early Alex Toth romance book. Bug it just bugs me that the guy said $10 for shipping when in fact it came USPS first class from Buffalo...for $3.21 Irritating.

There's a larger Canadian comic book store who ships out of of my local post office twice a week. Tons of stuff.

Anyone dealt with this seller before on eBay? The book, Secret Hearts #4 was fine...pretty rare Canadian version of an early Alex Toth romance book. Bug it just bugs me that the guy said $10 for shipping when in fact it came USPS first class from Buffalo...for $3.21 Irritating.

I get it. You felt like you were cheated out of $6.79 for shipping because it said from Canada and was actually NY. However, after hearing that it is common for shippers to cross the border and mail it from there, I would no longer feel that way. You most likely got the book a lot faster and with less hassle for everyone.

I drive to Michigan to ship my books because it's faster and much cheaper than shipping from Canada. I do charge accordingly to cover my gas and toll. He spent more than $10 to ship and go back and forth across the border.

This is most likely. I know a bunch of dealers across the country who live close enough to the border who are driving across to mail packages to American customers because of the possibility of a lockout or strike at Canada Post.

You also got tracking. Had he shipped it through Canada Post, it would've cost much more than $10.00 to get tracking
It's true, I think for a single book - including tracking is like $14....

Don't be irritated about the extra $6.00+ on shipping. To send a CGC slab from Toronto to the United States the average cost is $25.00 and even then most sellers take a hit when factoring packaging costs, time/money.

The fact this seller drove over and used tracking at only $10.00 to the US is a steal. I would be ecstatic if I got the book for $10.00 shipping with no extra duties on top of that. Had the seller shipped from Canada to your location you may have been charged additional duties as well.

This guy should be getting praise for going above and beyond, taking time to drive hours of his day, ensuring you got your item in a quick cost effective manner with a postal strike looming, instead he's questioned about six bucks.

:facepalm:

Plus, if the guy did it properly, he would have to fill out a manifest to provide to US customs detailing what is being shipped. He would be either subject to a yearly fee for the privilege or a fee (think it's $10) for each time he goes through the border to conduct commercial activity.

Thanks for the insight everyone. If it were me, I would say in the listing why the shipping was $10. Yes...I agreed to $10, so it really isn't a problem. But it would have been better if he had explained why in the listing.

At the end of the day...cool book with early Toth art. So...it's all good.