• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remender

27 posts in this topic

Remender is a P-I-M-P

I want your ranking of his 4 books (#1 thru 4, best to worst);

Low

Black Science

Deadly Class

Tokyo Ghost

For me:

1. Deadly Class (#21 was friggin out-o-this-world good)

2. Black Science (Fear Agent esque)

3. Low

4. Toyko Ghost

Patrick

I'm going to chip in, but ranking the Remender stuff I have read:

1) FEAR AGENT,

2) XXXOMBIES,

3) FRANKENCASTLE run on Punisher,

4) LAST CHRISTMAS,

5) BLACK SCIENCE, and

6) LOW

I was born to read his stuff. It's exactly what I want out of a comic book.

Remender is a P-I-M-P

I want your ranking of his 4 books (#1 thru 4, best to worst);

Low

Black Science

Deadly Class

Tokyo Ghost

For me:

1. Deadly Class (#21 was friggin out-o-this-world good)

2. Black Science (Fear Agent esque)

3. Low

4. Toyko Ghost

Patrick

1. Black Science

2. Tokyo Ghost (very sad to see this end, especially since it was being considered for an ongoing. Apparently Murphy getting a shot at Batman crushed that though.

3. Low (stopped reading at 5. The art was too busy for me, and didn't lend itself to storytelling imo).

I haven't read Deadly Class, however now that some other books I read are coming to an end I plan to catch up. Remender is definitely my favorite writer. Glad to see his work getting attention, and him choosing to parlay that into a creator owner career rather than going in deep for corporate comics like so many others.

1 Month To Live and Uncanny X-Force are my faves

I forgot he did 1 month 2 Live...

I abandoned Deadly Class after the 1st arc; it just didn't resonate with me - I may have to go back & catch up if it's that good hm I just finished reading Ready Player One, so my nostalgia for the 80's is strong right now

1 Month To Live and Uncanny X-Force are my faves

I forgot he did 1 month 2 Live...

I abandoned Deadly Class after the 1st arc; it just didn't resonate with me - I may have to go back & catch up if it's that good hm I just finished reading Ready Player One, so my nostalgia for the 80's is strong right now

Deadly Class got WAYYYYY better as time went on. The last issue was top drawer.

I wasn't throwing in the old books, but Fear Agent is one of my all-time favorite books.

Patrick

1.Deadly Class

2. Tokyo Ghost

3. Black Science

4. Low

I have the issues from Devolution but I haven't read them yet, hoping it's good :)

And it's hard to rate best to "worst" since honestly all of these are fantastic.

Uncanny X-Force will always have a special place for me, it's what got me back into moderns. issues 1-18 on that run might be in my top 10 arcs of all time. Great characters, cool homage, fun story, some amazing art! Ribic and Opena (with some filler here and there)

Uncanny xforce was amazing. Wish it never ended. Left a void for me. I hope they reunite the team someday. Characters and the people who made it.

While not the same characters, some of the art team will be on the upcoming title Seven To Eternity. I'm personally very excited for this.

I'm almost caught up on Deadly Class and must say it is moving to the top of my reading list.