• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Briggs Land - Dark Horse - AMC tv show confirmed
1 1

70 posts in this topic

Issue #6 was in the solidly good department. In fact, there hasn't been a weak issue to date. This book, along with its Dark Horse stablemate Black Hammer, should be at the top of your read stack. Wish this was a biweekly story.

Edited by The Authority

On 2/22/2019 at 1:00 PM, Schmakt said:

I've been hoping for news from this too! I wasn't excited to read this based on the solits...  but I almost never want to read Brian Wood books based on the solits.

Then, as almost always happens with Brian Wood books, it was really freaking good.

Makes me wondering whether they announced the show just to sell comics, but then again I don't think AMC would allow their name/property to be used so trivially.

14 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Makes me wondering whether they announced the show just to sell comics, but then again I don't think AMC would allow their name/property to be used so trivially.

More likely story is they didn’t like pilot -script and let the option lapse

Happens often enough

In an old Charlie Murphy interview he mentioned in the late 70’s he took a scriptwriting class and wrote a -script and got paid six figures for it. So I decided to research scriptwriting and the climate is definitely not what it was. From what I could tell it costs something like $200 to portion a -script for several years, odds of it actually being developed are slim. Studios aren’t shy to option IP they have no plan on developing just to keep it off the market. We will hear TV and movie announcements for nearly every mainstream Indy. Don’t get your hopes up too quick. Elfquest has been talking about a feature length cartoon since the 70’s