• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Briggs Land - Dark Horse - AMC tv show confirmed
1 1

70 posts in this topic

I'm not going lie, I grabbed an ashcan and a yesteryear comics exclusive #1 variant (500 copy print run) as a purely speculatory measure. However, the story does seem rather interesting. So here's hoping, hype train or not, it's worth a read, show or now show.

Enjoyed this quite a bit. I can see why AMC purchased the rights to it. Will it be great ? Who knows but I'm already interested in what is going on with 7 different characters. Rare for a 1st issue. Very well written. The art isn't perfect but not terrible either. This has been an exceptionally good week for number 1 issues.

Good pick-up by AMC. IMO Wood is a great writer. I'm not sure why DMZ never made it to the Television, but I think this story could definitely be a great show in the making. I'm excited for the characters and story to unfold (thumbs u

I have even bigger hopes for Briggs Land. The premise allows for a much larger audience if issue #1 is any indication of what to expect. Characters that you actually care about in a large cast is tough, but not impossible, to make happen. Game of Thrones, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, and The Walking Dead have all had huge success with this formula. This comic appears to be next in line.

Read it again and liked it even better the second time.

Any variants confirmed?

I'll be getting a few signed I feel:

Briggs Land #1 (Signed Edition)

https://forbiddenplanet.com/200784-briggs-land-1-signed-edition/

not sure if anyone posted this but there is a variant from yesteryear comics limited to 500 selling well on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sadis=15&_dmd=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ipg=100&_stpos=90247-3318&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Briggs+land+1+comic+yesteryear&_sop=13

Edited by Astoria

:roflmao: It's all marketing fluff. Media announcements to hype & sell books.

It literally means nothing.

well, i don't see on every book that's for purchase everywhere that they are in talks with AMC to do a tv show about the book, it could be hype but i guess we will have to see.. i bought a few just in case and you might be laughing but i bet you bought some too haha

I haven't bought any. I know better.

I'll wait for the reviews to come in, first.

by then you'll be paying $10-20 a copy lol.. id rather buy a few at cover and win in the end vs buying AFTER it gets big, if it does, not saying it will but you never know my friend.. this isn't a debate i was just asking for thoughts on it tbh

I see these still on the rack right now.

Why would they do a TV show for a book with no track record when there are so many books that have a couple of seasons worth of good material to work with already there? for example, I understand the 50,000 or so people who read preacher at its peak are not why the show was put on the air 20 years later, but there's a lot fomaterial there (not that they're using it so much...)

I really enjoyed the Thief of Thieves TV show. And Scalped. And Southern Bastards. Oh wait a minute...

And yes, I know, Outcast got a TV show with no track record, but Robert Kirkman at that point could do whatever the heck he wanted (and probably still can).

:roflmao: It's all marketing fluff. Media announcements to hype & sell books.

It literally means nothing.

well, i don't see on every book that's for purchase everywhere that they are in talks with AMC to do a tv show about the book, it could be hype but i guess we will have to see.. i bought a few just in case and you might be laughing but i bet you bought some too haha

I haven't bought any. I know better.

I'll wait for the reviews to come in, first.

by then you'll be paying $10-20 a copy lol.. id rather buy a few at cover and win in the end vs buying AFTER it gets big, if it does, not saying it will but you never know my friend.. this isn't a debate i was just asking for thoughts on it tbh

I see these still on the rack right now.

Why would they do a TV show for a book with no track record when there are so many books that have a couple of seasons worth of good material to work with already there? for example, I understand the 50,000 or so people who read preacher at its peak are not why the show was put on the air 20 years later, but there's a lot fomaterial there (not that they're using it so much...)

I really enjoyed the Thief of Thieves TV show. And Scalped. And Southern Bastards. Oh wait a minute...

And yes, I know, Outcast got a TV show with no track record, but Robert Kirkman at that point could do whatever the heck he wanted (and probably still can).

I always assumed they probably looked at Woods' body of work and thought his style fit what they were looking for. I think that's how a lot of this works now a days. Multiple channels are looking for original content creators (Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, AMC, and more), the original series is what it is all about these days.

Or Woods knows someone inside.

Or someone is throwing darts.

Also, if Kirkman can do anything he wants, he has a lot to answer for with regards to Invincible :jokealert:

I highly doubt someone making a movie really cares about the comic book success. It's highly likely that he pitched it and they loved the idea.

Patrick

What movie?

What I was trying to say is that his content has themes that seem to fit well with modern original programming.

My 2 Briggs Land #1 Yesteryear Variant (500 copy run) came earlier :3

Just waiting on my 10 Briggs Land #1 (Forbidden Planet signed by Mack Chater) now :P

Plus it looks like the CGC has begun for Briggs Land:

Edited by Bart Allen