• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2017, July 19-23, San Diego, Ca.
2 2

174 posts in this topic

Is anyone still looking for a room? I've got space for 1 more person in our AirBNB in the Gaslamp across the street from the convention center, within walking distance. If you're interested or know someone who is, feel free to DM me.  

Room no longer available. 

Edited by shortboxed
Update

Does anyone know more about this SDCC 2017 Stan Lee Exclusive other than what I posted and received via email? 

After spending so many years writing about superheroes, I thought it was time to turn my attention to the greatest superhero of all time - one whose powers are legendary and who has no need for a colorful costume or secret identity." - Stan Lee

We're thrilled to announce our latest San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Exclusive, in partnership with Shatner Singularity, Stan Lee's God Woke Signature Edition Graphic Novel!

This full color 120 page book comes hand-signed by creative team members Stan Lee, Fabian Nicieza (Deadpool Co-Creator), Mariano Nicieza and John Herbert.

Stan Lee's 'God Woke' is a timeless tale of humanity's search for meaning and a fresh take on God's own search for same. Unique and thought-provoking, Stan Lee's original story is adapted with the insightful understanding of character that defines the Silver Age of comics.

Adapted by comic book veterans including Fabian Nicieza, Mariano Nicieza, Matt Murray, Frank Lovece, Wilson Ramos Jr., Walter Flanagan and many more. Includes hand painted one of a kind variant covers, deluxe leather-look cover, bookmark ribbon, special extras pocket on the inside back cover, Stan Lee 75th Anniversary article with contributions from Larry Lieber, Roy Thomas, Tom DeFalco, Dan Slott and many more, plus a special behind-the-scenes article from Fabian Nicieza outlining step-by-step the official plot adaptation.

Limited to 100 pieces

Purchase price is $250, scalpers on EBAY already trying to sell it for $1k.  Anyone have info on this book?  Is it Stan's last work?

Figured I would try this one more time and see if anyone knows how I might be able to secure a Friday only ticket.  I'll be driving in that morning and flying out that night.  If not, I'll just check out everything around the convention I guess! 

On 7/8/2017 at 2:55 PM, Agent 007 said:

Anyone know if Stan Lee has cancelled his SDCC appeaearnce due to his wife's passing? Thanks.

I was told that he is still attending :) 

4 hours ago, guldanaaron1 said:

Does anyone know if Joe Quesada, Craig Kyle or Josh Middleton will be attending? Look for some sigs :)

Thanks!

Joe Quesada and Craig Kyle, yes. Joshua Middleton will be at San Francisco Comic Con but not SDCC.

42 minutes ago, Agent 007 said:

Thanks.  I will drag my books with me on the plane and try to watch him at an event. 

Keep in mind that for Stan Lee sigs you usually have to stand in line in order to get a raffle ticket, and if you receive one of the winning tickets then you can stand in line to meet him and get one book signed. it is a process. A friend of mine carried around a heavy Marvel Omnibus to get Stan's sig. He regretted it. 

Looking to purchase two 5 day passes (Wed-Sun)

A very good friend of mine decided at the last minute that he wants to attend the show this year.

Normally I would pass on going due to it being so close but this would be his first time ever attending

the San Diego Comic Con and I would enjoy being there with him!

Thanks!

One thing I'll add is that from my experience housing has gotten more challenging, even from last year to this year.  Last year, around April, I booked 3 nights for the con at a hotel room in, what could generously be described as, a fleabag motel/hotel that was about a 30 minute walk from the con.  I think it was around $150/night.  This year, I went to book a room for the con at this same hotel in March, and that same room was almost $300 a night! So I started exploring Airbnbs and there appeared to be a few nice places not too far from the con at reasonable costs comparable to last year.  So I booked a place for 3 nights and it was immediately cancelled.  I did this a few more times, each time my reservation was cancelled.  Why?  Because this is the 'Super Bowl' for Airbnb owners in San Diego and they want people to book for 4 nights minimum.  If you're unwilling to do that, too bad for you. After literally my 7th attempt, and I was booking further and further away from the con, I finally found someone who basically 'took pity' on me and allowed me to book for 3 nights all the way out east of South Park!  And the only reason they agreed was because I was not going to bring 8 friends and party all night at his place.

5 hours ago, dem1138 said:

One thing I'll add is that from my experience housing has gotten more challenging, even from last year to this year.  Last year, around April, I booked 3 nights for the con at a hotel room in, what could generously be described as, a fleabag motel/hotel that was about a 30 minute walk from the con.  I think it was around $150/night.  This year, I went to book a room for the con at this same hotel in March, and that same room was almost $300 a night! So I started exploring Airbnbs and there appeared to be a few nice places not too far from the con at reasonable costs comparable to last year.  So I booked a place for 3 nights and it was immediately cancelled.  I did this a few more times, each time my reservation was cancelled.  Why?  Because this is the 'Super Bowl' for Airbnb owners in San Diego and they want people to book for 4 nights minimum.  If you're unwilling to do that, too bad for you. After literally my 7th attempt, and I was booking further and further away from the con, I finally found someone who basically 'took pity' on me and allowed me to book for 3 nights all the way out east of South Park!  And the only reason they agreed was because I was not going to bring 8 friends and party all night at his place.

Easier, and cheaper, to book one of the early bird hotels and take the con shuttle to the convention center.