• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2017, July 19-23, San Diego, Ca.
2 2

174 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2017 at 3:05 PM, shortboxed said:

4 day + Preview Night badge secured, flight from San Francisco booked, AirBNB right across the street booked. Gonna be a great SDCC! 

You got Airbnb right across the street? I ended up on the other side of the zoo! lol

Edited by MastrCntrlProgram

I see scalpers reselling ACE parking permits on EBAY already since they purchased them in Round 1.  I dislike those trying to make a quick buck compared to those just trying to buy parking for a trip there.  Hope no one buys from them and they are stuck w/ the costs of the permits.

Edited by Agent 007
correction

Skipping SDCC this year, too much on my plate.  Looking for a place to stay?  PM me for details.  Two bedroom, private bath, kitchen, living room.  About 6 miles away, maybe less.  Can sleep at least 6.  If I don't know you, you must provide references and a deposit.  Once we're locked in there will be no refunds.  No mopes or turds.

Spoken for!

Edited by Designer Toast

That was really the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Lottery for parking? And now parking is being scalped? Bad enough you have to do a lottery for tickets, a lottery for hotel but then parking? (all at 3-4 times normal rates) That, and the lack of comics and huge crowds just did it for me. Three years ago was my last one. I had attended every one since the 4th one. Have fun guys...

A little bitter? You bet I am.

I always stay in Ocean Beach at my son's apartment. Last year we lost out on lottery for parking that cost $40 a day.

We decided to Uber every day and never paid more than $12 one way for Uber. 

17 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I always stay in Ocean Beach at my son's apartment. Last year we lost out on lottery for parking that cost $40 a day.

We decided to Uber every day and never paid more than $12 one way for Uber. 

The best thing about Uber and Lyft is that it made taxi highly available last year.

I usually just take a cab everywhere.  No driving and no parking hassle.

If you look hard enough, you can find some amazing deals on places to rent.  The place I usually stay at is less than a mile from the convention center and I get a smoking deal.

Greggy, I will not miss you this year. :banana:

for the other exhibitors on this list.....

your SDCC forms are open as of now.  get em filled out now !!

as for hotels....i have an extra one that i wont be using.......its west of the airport if anyone is interested

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

:whatthe: I find it hard to believe.  Hope you find a place to stay soon!

Nothing out there apparently 

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

Are you kidding me!?  I see a bunch on hotel search engines like expedia, trivago, hotwire, etc.

Close to con?

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Are you kidding me!?  I see a bunch on hotel search engines like expedia, trivago, hotwire, etc.

Searched them all. Either 900+ a night (can't do that) or 11-16 miles away or not a hotel rated worth staying at. Nada. 

Edited by G.A.tor