• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caption this pic.....

67 posts in this topic

It's been a long time since this 'icon' has done anything but complain at SDCC.

His email:

"Still waiting for our freight to be delivered to our booth at the San Diego Comic-Con at 6:30 PM. Our 53' tractor-trailer checked in at the convention freight yard just after 8 AM this morning. You would think that our paying them $16,200 to rent our booth would have elicited some measure of competency and concern from the convention staff. Apparently not."

Way to promote the hobby......

"And this, true believers, is how NOT to ship freight."

Sorry, I just saw Stan on the CGC video "how to NOT pack your books".

wow - they did a job on the multiple book submission. If you don't secure the multiple books in a common bag, the middle books slip out of the tape and get dunned in shipping.

(looks around)

Reminds me of when I bought all that stuff from Edgar Church, the most important find, ever, which fit into a tabled space similar to this. Now, it's all gone, and I'm left alone, so alone here, ruminating on its absence, on my missing for this convention, and on much better times. (sob)

For Comic-Con 2016, Mile High will be bringing all items in its inventory which are reasonably priced and / or accurately graded.

"And this, true believers, is how NOT to ship freight."

Sorry, I just saw Stan on the CGC video "how to NOT pack your books".

wow - they did a job on the multiple book submission. If you don't secure the multiple books in a common bag, the middle books slip out of the tape and get dunned in shipping.

I prefer a 2" bubble wrap prison and then ditto inside the box myself....yeah I think they could do that better but it's still better than Stan's way. :)