• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Hammer -Dark Horse- Lemire & Ormston

74 posts in this topic

Its a fact. This is a really fun book that fills a void in the missing comics of yesteryear. I'm a big fan of this and Brigg's Land but they're Dark Horse books so my expectations are somewhat tempered. That said, the SDCC version of issue #1 is a decent seller though I wouldn't call it hot. 

You guys are definitely correct. I should make a stronger effort to try to get a conversation going around the moderns I'm reading - right now it's just East of West, a bunch of Remender, and Black Hammer.

Re: Black Hammer... 

Spoiler

The very first time I saw Black Hammer's death portrayed, I thought it had an uncanny resemblance to some of the imagery from Colonel Weird's Para-zone. I haven't read any theories or discussion anywhere else as this is really the only comic related board I visit, so I don't know if that has been hashed out elsewhere. I'd be surprised if it weren't, especially following the happenings of issue #9.

Nice! I picked up a very nice Black Hammer 1 San Diego variant and thankfully put it on the to be graded pile.

Edited by 1Cool