• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Key Issues
4 4

167 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2021 at 3:12 PM, Joshua33 said:

Another Key that should be added to this list is Kull and the Barbarians 3. This book has low census numbers, and for the time being, is relatively inexpensive in high grade. This issue contains the ORIGIN of Red Sonja and is picking up steam quickly for reasons I'm sure we're all aware of.

Kull_and_the_Barbarians_Vol_1_3.jpg

I've been searching for a 9.8 White copy as I have 1 and 2 in 9.8 White.  This books is very tough to find in that grade.  I have a raw that might grade 9.6 so I might just send it in just see if it gets that 9.6. 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:38 AM, jimjum12 said:

... Criminally under appreciated .... Smith gave it life, but Buscema coaxed it to perfection. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Certainly those are, but in the books he spent much less time. :foryou:

8 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

I do have one available for the right trade. Waiting on @Jordysnordyto see how his come back. If he doesn't need it, it could be available to you. 

20210401_174308.jpg

REALLY NICE LOOKING!  Yes, I think @Jordysnordy is also looking for the #58 in 9.8 White unless he finally acquired one. 
Thank You for the willingness to part with it if he doesn't need it. 

4 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

REALLY NICE LOOKING!  Yes, I think @Jordysnordy is also looking for the #58 in 9.8 White unless he finally acquired one. 
Thank You for the willingness to part with it if he doesn't need it. 

Yes - still looking for 58 and it can even be off white or white-off white. My 3 58 subs have been 9.4, 9.6 and 9.6 - close but no cigar. I have 10 other Conans at CGC so hopefully my 59 will hit 9.8. Now I wait and wait for CGC

Edited by Jordysnordy

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

Yes - still looking for 58 and it can even be off white or white-off white. My 3 58 subs have been 9.4, 9.6 and 9.6 - close but no cigar. I have 10 other Conans at CGC so hopefully my 59 will hit 9.8. Now I wait and wait for CGC

Ah Yes, the 'ole waiting game at CGC since they are so far behind.  My books won't even be taken out of the package for a couple more weeks to even start the grading process.  Hoping you get that 9.8 on the #59. 

10 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Ah Yes, the 'ole waiting game at CGC since they are so far behind.  My books won't even be taken out of the package for a couple more weeks to even start the grading process.  Hoping you get that 9.8 on the #59. 

Me too! If I get lucky, this beauty can be yours but truthfully I do prefer the look of the old labels so we can work out a 3 way sale if you guys are game.

59 minutes ago, ganni said:

Always a Conan Fan...

And this key will put Conan in the MCU...

c13.jpg

great story in that, I also liked the followup What-If Conan stayed in the modern world where he fights Captain America.

Recently the new Conan series has him in the modern world seeking the serpent crown.

22 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

great story in that, I also liked the followup What-If Conan stayed in the modern world where he fights Captain America.

Recently the new Conan series has him in the modern world seeking the serpent crown.

Conan and the Serpent Crown was a pretty good read. I am enjoying the Marvel Conan books so far.

2 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

I think I've got one that will grade 9.6 and a CGC 9.0. I've been trying to get more. So cheap. Why not? (shrug)

20210520_144816.jpg

20210522_142331.jpg

Great! Yes, If I can find some potential high grade copies, I'll buy them too.  I'll probably send my potential 9.6 to CGC pretty soon.  Going to look at it one more time and see if I still feel the same way.