• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unpopular Golden Age Opinions Thread!
9 9

634 posts in this topic

Coverless and married books.

You wouldn't date a girl without a face and you wouldn't want someone else's head stitched onto her body so why would you want a comic with the same process applied?

I wouldn't keep a girl in a box, encased in plastic either.

You wouldn't date a girl without a face and you wouldn't want someone else's head stitched onto her body so why would you want a comic with the same process applied?

I've detached covers from incomplete books, and then attached them to complete ones. You can't always marry just the missing page(s), because of the varying degrees of wear and whiteness levels. I'm not sure what this has to do with girls though... ;)

I wouldn't keep a girl in a box, encased in plastic either.

:signfunny:

This is an apparently unpopular opinion in golden age trading as well as all others;

We all should be using Google Wallet instead of PayPal so we can send money to each other without fees as long as we have a balance. I understand a fee when a credit card is involved but if I send you money that is in my account it should not have to be just for friends and family. rantrant

I know I'm gonna get beat up for these top 9 nominations, but

Weird Tales of the Future #8 is a pretty silly amateur art cover

Weird Mysteries #5 is an even bigger mystery as to why such a cheesy cover is so popular.

Mask 1??? Why?? Mask 2 is by far the better, brighter more artistic cover

Mister Mystery 12 .. dumb

Mister Mystery 11 ..Just as dumb and it doesn't help have the mystery dude in a little circle on every book.

Dynamic #8 would actually be the best cover ever if it weren't for the name "DYNAMIC" at the top. It throws the whole book off

Black Cat #50 crappy art

Horrific #3 Really? Who drew the cover? a 9 year old?

And lastly (this will probably get me banned from the forum) Crime Suspenstories 22.. There are tons of cooler EC covers than that book. I dunno, maybe if it showed guts and nerve endings dangling from her bloody stump?? Then I'd probably dig it more hm

oh! We should start a poll of lamest GA cover books. That'd actually be neat

Based on the above statements I must conclude that you are a Disney collector.

Weird Mysteries #5 is an even bigger mystery as to why such a cheesy cover is so popular.

Mister Mystery 11 ..Just as dumb and it doesn't help have the mystery dude in a little circle on every book.

Dynamic #8 would actually be the best cover ever if it weren't for the name "DYNAMIC" at the top. It throws the whole book off

Black Cat #50 crappy art

And lastly (this will probably get me banned from the forum) Crime Suspenstories 22.. There are tons of cooler EC covers than that book. I dunno, maybe if it showed guts and nerve endings dangling from her bloody stump?? Then I'd probably dig it more hm

:cloud9:

Red Raven #1 is the ugliest Timely and I do not understand how it commands the price it does.

Sorry, Cat!

There will be some sort of atonement for that statement. Warn your friends (if you have any) so they don't get taken out by the lightning bolt or what ever it is that hits you.

Red Raven #1 is the ugliest Timely and I do not understand how it commands the price it does.

Sorry, Cat!

There will be some sort of atonement for that statement. Warn your friends (if you have any) so they don't get taken out by the lightning bolt or what ever it is that hits you.

^^

Red Raven #1 is the ugliest Timely

Uglier than this?...

allwinners2.jpg

...or this?...

mm77.jpg

I collect early Big Shot Comics, goofy covers but the insides are really good (reminiscent of DC, but then again Vin Sullivan was behind Columbia/Big Shot).

Unpopular title, but hey I like 'em. :)

Black Cat #50 crappy art

(shrug)