Show us Your Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane 106

18 posts in this topic

LoisLane106.jpg

Beautiful copy. Thanks for sharing. What a great storyline. And a classic cover. Took me awhile to find a decent copy without having to break the bank. Your copy is sweet! (worship)

I love this issue, and always keep my eye out for it when I see a stack of late run Lois Lane's anywhere.

I hit the jackpot about a year and a half ago as I went to an estate sale/business closing for a camera store that also doubled as a hobby shop. There in a stack of Lois Lane books were 3 copies of this issue! None of his books were kept in bags and backers, so the conditions range from Fine to Very Good, but I was just pleased to finally find one three.

IMG_3513_zpslux3frmt.jpg

I wish every estate sale I hit was this lucrative, as I've been on a bit of a dry spell lately.

I have a decent FINE-ish copy, with top staple actually attached to cover. About 50% of the copies I find have the top staple "popped" from the cover. Found a beautiful NM+ copy in a dealer's stock a year ago at a con for only $30, but the dang top staple was popped, so I still have my mid-grade copy until I can get an upgrade, great book.

That's cool, Danny--owning the Oakland copy. What grade would you call your copy. Hard to tell from a scan. Wonderful book!

9.4/9.6

I bought a buch of Lois's from Vinny.

ll100.jpg