• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas Comics
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Gothic Romances ?

hard to come by... but easy compared to these....

Phil

mysecret.jpg

mysecret2.jpg

I have seen this magazine mentioned once, and had forgot about it

Had to do some digging as it was not listed under "Magazines"

on the Atlas Archives site.

I found it under "Showcase"

Do you have any ?

"I have a near complete run. I'm only missing the Vicki issues and a few of the mags."

I think I have most of the complete Altas comic run, all of the books. I bought them at a news stand in Long Island. I thought the Atlas books had a lot of great books mixed with some real crud.

I'll post a few of the cooler covers by Adams. Sadly the books are not as loved as I wish by most collectors. Most of mine are low 9.0 to 9.4.

I always hoped they would be worth something, maybe if they start up again.

a>

It was a cool moment in Bronze history. I remember when these hit the racks.

Close to a full set myself; need to track down two more issues of one of the War titles and a couple Vicki's (by far the hardest; these are actually Tower Comics' Tippy Teen stories recycled.)

Both Comic Book Marketplace and Comic Book Artist dedicated an issue to them. CBM was #77.

Close to a full set myself; need to track down two more issues of one of the War titles and a couple Vicki's (by far the hardest; these are actually Tower Comics' Tippy Teen stories recycled.)

Both Comic Book Marketplace and Comic Book Artist dedicated an issue to them. CBM was #77.

shameless plus for my site - Atlas Archives

Phil

Loved these as a kid. I was a big fan of Conan, Shang-Chi and Spidey so some of these were pretty close to the mark, especially Iron Jaw. I remember wondering why people would stand in line to worship a washing machine? :)

eJ4kaN.jpg

0WjDgx.jpg

W8ZLPU.jpg

Bdbl5X.jpg

FOHx0I.jpg

Watch out these are akin to fools gold. I've been hoarding high grade copies for a very long time and still no price appreciation! Arts good stories not so much. Their Vicki title (bit of an Archie knockoff) is by far the rarest and most collectible.

They're interesting, but unless someone tries to re-boot any of them, nothing is going to happen with them. 4 issues is not enough time to build nostalgia. Not that I don't have plenty of them too.

Seems like he was a few years too early. If there was a real direct market at that point they might have been able to build momentum assuming sane editorial control, etc., but that was not for a couple more years. Not to mention, it sounds like they put out issue #1 before #2, #3 were done because they wanted to get to market fast. Would have made more sense to have a few issues ready to go so that stuff would not be rushed and crappy at issue #4, etc., but they didn't want to invest the money upfront.

I was young when these came out in 1975, so I never had read any of the Atlas comics until way later in life. I had a lower grade run of all the Atlas comic titles (minus Vicki) and, this past summer, used them when I decided to have some comic books bound. The results turned out pretty good.

Volumes I and II hold the 1975 titles, while volume III has the 2012 relaunch/reimagining titles which, like their predecessor, were extremely short lived.

Here's a couple of photos of the finished result.

vrC8nXI.jpg

LdarvFA.jpg

u6ZOvoX.jpg

iYXMl00.jpg

HwT0Iuk.jpg

Phil

Apologies Phil; I love your site and should have plugged it. It's just that my mind was on resources that had not yet been mentioned. Besides your site, those two fanzine profiles are the only background reading of any substance that I know of.

Phil

Apologies Phil; I love your site and should have plugged it. It's just that my mind was on resources that had not yet been mentioned. Besides your site, those two fanzine profiles are the only background reading of any substance that I know of.

No worries... That's exactly the reason I started the site... virtually no information to be found.

Here are some images that have not made it to the site yet.

Atlas-poster_col.jpg

atlascommision.jpg

destructor_5.jpg

Phil

I was young when these came out in 1975, so I never had read any of the Atlas comics until way later in life. I had a lower grade run of all the Atlas comic titles (minus Vicki) and, this past summer, used them when I decided to have some comic books bound. The results turned out pretty good.

Volumes I and II hold the 1975 titles, while volume III has the 2012 relaunch/reimagining titles which, like their predecessor, were extremely short lived.

Here's a couple of photos of the finished result.

vrC8nXI.jpg

LdarvFA.jpg

u6ZOvoX.jpg

iYXMl00.jpg

HwT0Iuk.jpg

Nice bound set.

I bound mine as well in 3 volumes, and then bound the magazines in a separate volume, along with the comic magazines in a separate one, except for the love mags. E