• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas Comics
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Great set !! :headbang: and I thought mine were unique...

atlasbooks.jpg

atlasarchives.jpg

Very cool!

I have a lot of my comics bound, and have considered dressing them up with Dust Jackets, like you did with the Atlas set.

How did you go about getting those DJs made?

atlasbooks.jpg

atlasarchives.jpg

Very cool!

I have a lot of my comics bound, and have considered dressing them up with Dust Jackets, like you did with the Atlas set.

I followed this tutorial for the 1975 books - Dustjacket Tutorial

Phil

atlasbooks.jpg

atlasarchives.jpg

Very cool!

Phil

Very cool site, I had no idea so many people love doing the same thing I am doing in binding their runs.

Its giving me a lot of great ideas, thanks for the link!

To be a completionist, do we have to include all those issues of Swank magazine as well hm

Oh man, what I would give for a complete set of Swank. Growing up as a boy in the Seventies, finding just one of those mags (or Oui) was the stuff dreams were made of...

atlasbooks.jpg

atlasarchives.jpg

Very cool!

Phil

Very cool site, I had no idea so many people love doing the same thing I am doing in binding their runs.

(thumbs u

I've been a mod on the site for 10 years, and it's a pretty polite board with lots of helpful people and informative info.

anyone that is into binding their own comics or magazines should visit the Marvel Masterworks Fan site- it's broken up into several discussion boards, and it is devoted to all things related to Collected Editions: Omnibus, Archives, Masterwork Absolute Editions, Trades, AE's, and yes, creating your own bound volumes.

There are 2 binding forums, one is just an archive of the active discussion board for enthusiasts to use as a reference- thats what was linked to up thread here: Binding Vault

The Active discussion board is here: Uncollected Editions: The Homegrown Hardcovers Binding Forum

if you go to the Uncollected Editions page- there are some stickied threads at the top of the page that serve as an FAQ- lists of Bindery Houses that specialize in comics, custom logo creations, maps for different volumes or characters, all sorts of stuff to do DIY books. It is the biggest resource and community that I'm aware of in the hobby. It's been going strong since 2005. Even some of the HA guys have been on there, like James Halperin.

(thumbs u

Picked this up at the LCS a few weeks ago.

SSDS2.jpg

Did he have another copy? I'm missing that and the 3.

I dunno! I didn't go through the bins, it was on top of a stack that hadn't been filed. I'll take a look next time I'm there.

I've been buying these over the past 20 years. Since my collection is in disarray, I have no idea how many of these I own, and how many duplicates I actually have. My guess is I have at least 80% of what was printed besides any of the magazines. Soon over the next few months I hope to get organized and know what I'm missing. I see these continuously for $2 or less from dealers, though not necessarily in high grade.

atlasbooks.jpg

atlasarchives.jpg

Very cool!

Phil

(thumbs u

I've been a mod on the site for 10 years, and it's a pretty polite board with lots of helpful people and informative info.

anyone that is into binding their own comics or magazines should visit the Marvel Masterworks Fan site- it's broken up into several discussion boards, and it is devoted to all things related to Collected Editions: Omnibus, Archives, Masterwork Absolute Editions, Trades, AE's, and yes, creating your own bound volumes.

There are 2 binding forums, one is just an archive of the active discussion board for enthusiasts to use as a reference- thats what was linked to up thread here: Binding Vault

The Active discussion board is here: Uncollected Editions: The Homegrown Hardcovers Binding Forum

if you go to the Uncollected Editions page- there are some stickied threads at the top of the page that serve as an FAQ- lists of Bindery Houses that specialize in comics, custom logo creations, maps for different volumes or characters, all sorts of stuff to do DIY books. It is the biggest resource and community that I'm aware of in the hobby. It's been going strong since 2005. Even some of the HA guys have been on there, like James Halperin.

(thumbs u

That's a great site.