• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FORUM IS DEAD LATELY. Let's see those SDCC books!!

20 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting to hear if my Daniel Clowes or Owlsley/Priest books got signed :wishluck:

If it was through us I know we got all our books done. We had 1 book at the end of the show we didn't get done and that was a book that needed G.Willow Wilson we just missed.

i picked this book up from a vendor at sdcc. never seen the cover before, and i can't find too much info on it. feel free to chime in.

jim%20lee%20german%20batman.jpg

Very cool! :applause:

2016 Comic Con was no different than any other past SDCC. A few things come to mind thinking back to last week; sleep deprivation, back pain, blisters, starvation, humidity, and glorious. It was an honor to get to spend a great deal of time with Rich Henn, Torrey Quella, Chris Ciara, Joel Elad, and Jesse Campbell. They are the best of the best in our hobby. Michael Balent and the CGC staff were once again wonderful and accommodating. I can't say enough good things about them.

One of the reasons that this thread hasn't produced many pics is because those who attended the SDCC are likely still nursing wounds, but I can start things off with a few gems:

Black Panther issue 1 signed by Chadwick Boseman:

SDCC%20Boseman_zpsem5esxf2.jpg

Simpsons issue 1 signed and sketched by Matt Groening and Bill Morrison:

SDCC%20Simpsons%20Greoning%20and%20Morrison_zpsxvr1qfcv.jpg

Another awesome Matt Groening signed book:

SDCC%20Simpsons%20Groening_zpss4ocv4jd.jpg

Since we are on the subject of Groening, here is a Simpsons blank with a Homer sketch:

SDCC%20Groening%20Homer_zpsovm7yero.jpg

Here is a Harley Quinn bland with a sketch by Bruce Timm and signed by Paul Dini:

SDCC%20Harley_zps7fpv5nuq.jpg

DK III blank with a Dark Knight style sketch by Bruce Timm:

SDCC%20DK%20Timm_zpsgipddomk.jpg

This one is a keeper, DK III blank with a Frank Miller Dark Knight sketch (which I acquired earlier this year) that I added Neal Adams to on the front cover and added Bruce Timm on the back cover:

SDCC%20DK%20a_zpssdibu6km.jpg

SDCC%20DK%20b_zpstww344ds.jpg

I wish I could share more pictures, the most of the best books are already at CGC. Trust me folks, some amazing books were done at this show this year.

2016 Comic Con was no different than any other past SDCC. A few things come to mind thinking back to last week; sleep deprivation, back pain, blisters, starvation, humidity, and glorious. It was an honor to get to spend a great deal of time with Rich Henn, Torrey Quella, Chris Ciara, Joel Elad, and Jesse Campbell. They are the best of the best in our hobby. Michael Balent and the CGC staff were once again wonderful and accommodating. I can't say enough good things about them.

One of the reasons that this thread hasn't produced many pics is because those who attended the SDCC are likely still nursing wounds, but I can start things off with a few gems:

Black Panther issue 1 signed by Chadwick Boseman:

SDCC%20Boseman_zpsem5esxf2.jpg

Simpsons issue 1 signed and sketched by Matt Groening and Bill Morrison:

SDCC%20Simpsons%20Greoning%20and%20Morrison_zpsxvr1qfcv.jpg

Another awesome Matt Groening signed book:

SDCC%20Simpsons%20Groening_zpss4ocv4jd.jpg

Since we are on the subject of Groening, here is a Simpsons blank with a Homer sketch:

SDCC%20Groening%20Homer_zpsovm7yero.jpg

Here is a Harley Quinn bland with a sketch by Bruce Timm and signed by Paul Dini:

SDCC%20Harley_zps7fpv5nuq.jpg

DK III blank with a Dark Knight style sketch by Bruce Timm:

SDCC%20DK%20Timm_zpsgipddomk.jpg

This one is a keeper, DK III blank with a Frank Miller Dark Knight sketch (which I acquired earlier this year) that I added Neal Adams to on the front cover and added Bruce Timm on the back cover:

SDCC%20DK%20a_zpssdibu6km.jpg

SDCC%20DK%20b_zpstww344ds.jpg

I wish I could share more pictures, the most of the best books are already at CGC. Trust me folks, some amazing books were done at this show this year.

love all of these books. congrats.

Bravo Triston!

That DK III blank with Miller, Adams, and Timm is incredible!

It was a blast spending time with you, Rich, and everyone else. Here's a few that I picked up that you may have seen, but I'm happy to share in hopes of seeing what other awesome books others picked up.

A few Matt Groening sketches

1y1i78.jpg

A possibly NSFW Matt Groening signed magazine

6xx2qs.jpg

Bartman (Batman #1) sketched by Bill Morrison.

1c51w.jpg

Okay, I'm a huge fan of The Tick so I'll only share the sketches I was honored to get from Ben Edlund and won't bore anyone with the stack I had signed that was also for my PC. The Tick panel was actually the deciding factor for me to attend SDCC for the first time and I could not have imagined a better time as I scored tickets on my first try in the lottery system!

2eqb9zd.jpg

I was crossing my fingers to get into the Mr. Robot panel as a bonus and as luck would have it I made it in. Now this book truly is special to me as a massive fan of the show and of Christian Slater's. I was extremely lucky to have a helping hand land me two copies of this Entertainment Weekly Mr. Robot cover signed by Christian Slater and Carly Chaikin, and Portia Doubleday. One of the copies doesn't have Portia and Rami "Elliot" Malek apparently was not up for signing, but I'm still ecstatic!

27yvkg5.jpg

Thank you so very much to everyone who helped me out. It truly was an incredible time that I'll never forget. Attending SDCC went beyond my expectations in every way!

Bravo Triston!

That DK III blank with Miller, Adams, and Timm is incredible!

It was a blast spending time with you, Rich, and everyone else. Here's a few that I picked up that you may have seen, but I'm happy to share in hopes of seeing what other awesome books others picked up.

A few Matt Groening sketches

1y1i78.jpg

A possibly NSFW Matt Groening signed magazine

6xx2qs.jpg

Bartman (Batman #1) sketched by Bill Morrison.

1c51w.jpg

Okay, I'm a huge fan of The Tick so I'll only share the sketches I was honored to get from Ben Edlund and won't bore anyone with the stack I had signed that was also for my PC. The Tick panel was actually the deciding factor for me to attend SDCC for the first time and I could not have imagined a better time as I scored tickets on my first try in the lottery system!

2eqb9zd.jpg

I was crossing my fingers to get into the Mr. Robot panel as a bonus and as luck would have it I made it in. Now this book truly is special to me as a massive fan of the show and of Christian Slater's. I was extremely lucky to have a helping hand land me two copies of this Entertainment Weekly Mr. Robot cover signed by Christian Slater and Carly Chaikin, and Portia Doubleday. One of the copies doesn't have Portia and Rami "Elliot" Malek apparently was not up for signing, but I'm still ecstatic!

27yvkg5.jpg

Thank you so very much to everyone who helped me out. It truly was an incredible time that I'll never forget. Attending SDCC went beyond my expectations in every way!

Tremendous haul Kelly! You are among the elite sharpie ninjas! It was a blast hanging out with you and Chris. Hope to see you again real soon.

I am beginning to think that we all got Groening sketches

I tried and failed :(

It was a blast seeing everyone this year, and helping out the Mike Balent and the other great people at the CGC booth :whee: