• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONDOCON - OCT. 22 & 23, 2016 - AUSTIN, TEXAS

15 posts in this topic

Hey All:

The fine folks at Mondo (www.mondotees.com) will be hosting their newest convention this year on Oct. 22 & 23 in Austin, Texas at theThe AFS Theater (use address 6226 Middle Fiskville Rd, Austin, TX 78752 on GPS opr Google Maps. This address will bring you directly to the AFS Theater).

Discounted 2-day tickets are $79 here, Saturday-Only and Sunday-Only tickets ($45 each). More info at -- http://mondotees.com/pages/mondocon

Guests include:

- JOCK

- Becky Cloonan

- Francesco Francavilla

- William Stout

- Martin Ansin

- Oliver Barrett

- Richey Beckett

- Florian Bermer

- Scott C

- Sam Wolfe Connelly

- Rhys Cooper

- Daniel Danger

- DKNG

- Craig Drake

- Aaron Draplin

- Jason Edmiston

- Ken Garduno

- JJ Harrison

- Tom Haubrick

- Rob Jones

- Alex Kirhzner

- Landland

- Mike Mitchell

- Randy Ortiz

- Alex Pardee

- Gary Pullin

- Phil Ramirez

- JC Richard

- Arik Roper

- Jay Ryan

- Scarecrowoven

- Todd Slater

- Ken Taylor

- Matt Taylor

- Matt Ryan Tobin

- Kevin Tong

- Vacvvm

- WBYK

- Erica Williams

- N.C. Winters

- Matthew Woodson

I believe it's because they have to pick a fall weekend when University of Texas football has an away weekend. Those other events also pick an off or away weekend of football.

I asked around but no one bit. Issue is that people need to make it something worthwhile for a facilitator to go to. Without that, you're out of luck.

I created a thread for it in another section but no one responded regarding attendance --

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=58&Number=9478591&Searchpage=3&Main=414134&Words=JasonDaTwit&topic=0&Search=true#Post9478591

Have you (or anyone here) been to MondoCon before? I was told elsewhere that the artists usually don't sketch at this show and it's just for buying prints and autographs, trying to determine if that's true or not.

I was at Mondo Con last year and there was definitely a ton of sketching going on. Not everyone sketches, but I'd say most of the artists do. Lots of original paintings and art as well. The show is relatively small compared to the really big comic cons, but its a ton fun. There are panels all day and every one I attended was excllent. Can't beat this kind of access and interaction with artists from around the world.

THE ART OF JOCK BOOK - Mondo Exclusive Version :cloud9:

Mondo, in partnership with Insight Editions, is releasing a Mondo Exclusive version of THE ART OF JOCK, a book celebrating the uniquely dynamic work of the acclaimed artist. In addition to the book, the Mondo Exclusive version includes four 9"x9" letterpress prints, one 8"x12" screen print, and a card signed by Jock, all packaged in a stunning hard-shell slipcase. The Mondo Exclusive version is limited to just 500 copies. ($175)

Additionally, five random copies of the book will include a full original, cover-quality pen & ink illustration by Jock, transforming the stunning collector's item into a one-of-a-kind piece of art.

:wishluck:

20r9szq.jpg

jb0ifs.jpg

2wqesep.jpg