• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Blanks

28 posts in this topic

I just spoke to cgc, the only stipulation on slabbing is that the cover is cut close to the original pages, no overhang. If there is overhang it may get damaged in the holder, no overhang would prevent overhang. They said for a vintage book the best idea would be to use the tab method and for a modern, staple it on with extra staples, extra staples would not be noted on the label. They would both receive cgc NG status. I like the idea of a custom sketch cover because the focus would be on the art and not the grade of the book, which is the way it should be.

22 minutes ago, yowza! said:

Resurrecting this thread as I've recently come across some of  the older "Troy" covers. Has anyone else had success with this or have know whereabouts of ".Troy"?

Maybe, I don't recall. It has been close to a year since my last post in this thread. 

the "Troy" blank I created artwork on was attached to the book, over the real cover ( just like the current blanks are ).

Does anyone know if you remove the staples to attach the new cover paper and then re-insert the same staples and close them does that = restored label?

9 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

the "Troy" blank I created artwork on was attached to the book, over the real cover ( just like the current blanks are ).

Does anyone know if you remove the staples to attach the new cover paper and then re-insert the same staples and close them does that = restored label?

What I did was just staple it onto the cover along the spine. Here are 2 examples, a blank stapled on a coverless comic and a blank stapled on top of a cover:IMG_2103.thumb.PNG.d4ca6c4c34bec45392fd2764fa5d24ec.PNG

IMG_5441.JPG

Edited by Captain Canuck