• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werewolf by Night 32
5 5

109 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Xatari said:

I was referring to the first line in which the poster claimed “whoever paid $14,550 for a 9.8 is a fool and will never see that money back”. Last sale was $31k. 

So he was half right.

It probably will because of the Disney + TV show.  I bought mine 10 years ago thinking I’d replace it one day because of the faded cover.  But now that I’ve had it for so long, I’m used to the fading and normal copies seem too bright.  It reminds me of listening to pops and skips from my old vinyl for years to the point that my brain registers them as part of the music 

18 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Don't tell me this book is going up too 

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

This is the copy I purchased around 1980 at my LCS. The price was too good to pass up.

3097373_Full_Obv.jpg?t=My83LzIwMjEgMTA6MDM6NDMgQU0%3d

3097373_Full_Rev.jpg?t=My83LzIwMjEgMTA6MDM6NDMgQU0%3d

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Adjust spacing between scans.

I've already gone in depth on how Iron Man is more analogous to Batman in another thread. (Unlimited resources due to being extremely rich, solid A team affiliation, among other reasons) 

Personally find most comparisons to Batman lazy and generally done by people who haven't given Moon Knight a chance or read the runs.

Personally love Moon Knight and highly recommend reading the Lemire run to those who haven't.

IMG_20200516_000646.thumb.jpg.7d16f05863db439c63ecf2356b3c65ef.jpgIMG_20201021_105009.thumb.jpg.984e3907d0cb5e0d6d46a0c10ff726e4.jpg

IMG_20170712_212453.thumb.jpg.aa872df5798ef107c6ed9ffa623923f8.jpg

IMG_20171118_172131.thumb.jpg.04914c8a72ae9601e98bfb62384e11df.jpg

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

I've already gone in depth on how Iron Man is more analogous to Batman in another thread. (Unlimited resources due to being extremely rich, solid A team affiliation, among other reasons) 

Personally find most comparisons to Batman lazy and generally done by people who haven't given Moon Knight a chance or read the runs.

Personally love Moon Knight and highly recommend reading the Lemire run to those who haven't.

IMG_20200516_000646.thumb.jpg.7d16f05863db439c63ecf2356b3c65ef.jpgIMG_20201021_105009.thumb.jpg.984e3907d0cb5e0d6d46a0c10ff726e4.jpg

IMG_20170712_212453.thumb.jpg.aa872df5798ef107c6ed9ffa623923f8.jpg

IMG_20171118_172131.thumb.jpg.04914c8a72ae9601e98bfb62384e11df.jpg

I had a chance to pick up that Dell Otto Cover a long long time ago, alas the well ran dry lol :whistle:

even a newsstand copy, I don't know why, I don't know why! I didn't pick it up, I guess I didn't feel the noise doh! 

Cool Books fo sho though! :headbang: 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had a chance to pick up that Dell Otto Cover a long long time ago, alas the well ran dry lol :whistle:

even a newsstand copy, I don't know why, I don't know why! I didn't pick it up, I guess I didn't feel the noise doh! 

Cool Books fo sho though! :headbang: 

Thanks brotha (thumbsu

Finally got my personal copy back from grading. I've had this one for decades and never thought about grading since I considered it too low, but once prices started shooting up (I wanted to upgrade it but now, my wallet says nope!) AND I could get it signed along with a bunch of my other Moon Knight issues I just could not resist.

IMG_20210407_165517_2241.thumb.jpg.52f6ba32a957c13e0700ca27874337a7.jpg

32 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Finally got my personal copy back from grading. I've had this one for decades and never thought about grading since I considered it too low, but once prices started shooting up (I wanted to upgrade it but now, my wallet says nope!) AND I could get it signed along with a bunch of my other Moon Knight issues I just could not resist.

IMG_20210407_165517_2241.thumb.jpg.52f6ba32a957c13e0700ca27874337a7.jpg

:takeit:

But seriously I'd take that all day, glad you got it back  :)

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:takeit:

But seriously I'd take that all day, glad you got it back  :)

I was surprised by the grade (I honestly had it pegged to be 4.0 at best) and super happy to have it, but out of all the books I had signed this was my least nostalgic. I grew up with Moon Knight's second volume, the Fist of Khonshu series, and after much effort and time I've finally managed to put together a perfect 9.8 set which I then had signed by Moench as well!

1 minute ago, Sauce Dog said:

I was surprised by the grade (I honestly had it pegged to be 4.0 at best) and super happy to have it, but out of all the books I had signed this was my least nostalgic. I grew up with Moon Knight's second volume, the Fist of Khonshu series, and after much effort and time I've finally managed to put together a perfect 9.8 set which I then had signed by Moench as well!

Man that's planning and dedication! Or it at least worked out well :)

Do you have them in the registry?  I'll check it out (thumbsu

This book has hardcore fans, I'm priced out, but can respect the work of Perlin and others, I even have a Don Perlin sketch, which was the best I could do ....

21 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man that's planning and dedication! Or it at least worked out well :)

Do you have them in the registry?  I'll check it out (thumbsu

This book has hardcore fans, I'm priced out, but can respect the work of Perlin and others, I even have a Don Perlin sketch, which was the best I could do ....

Yup, I do - UPDATED WITH PHOTOS FOR ALL BOOKS.
https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=137866

Edited by Sauce Dog
added photos

4 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Yup, I do - but have not yet taken photos of them all (only got the shipment in a few hours ago)
https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=137866

Ah nice :x

The description is perfect, with the holidays and the joy that eve!

:tink: hope the family can appreciate too :)

CGC just gave me my grade back on mine yesterday :banana:.  I can hardly believe that the FMV for an 8.0 is $3000 now.

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

Untitled.jpg

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah nice :x

The description is perfect, with the holidays and the joy that eve!

:tink: hope the family can appreciate too :)

Thanks - my brothers love it, and that's why it was easy for me justify the costs involved for such a nostalgic set (as hunting these all down in 9.8 condition, grading them, THEN finding a way to get them signed and re-graded later on was a money sink most would not ever consider) :D

Added photos to my registry now :D