• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werewolf by Night 32
5 5

109 posts in this topic

Uhhhhh....this book is no rarer in "high grade" than any other BA book from the period.

The difference is, many of the real keys from the period have been selling for thousands in slabbed high grade for nearly 20 years.

And this book has been speculated heavy on for all of the last 20 months based on pretty much just the non-stop (and already debunked) rumour of a Netflix show that will likely never come. And anyone paying exorbitant prices for this book based on "what the census looks like now" is playing a fool's game that's been played and lost many times before (even with Hulk 181). Nothing in the Bronze Age is "rare", "tough to find 'in grade'" etc. Unless you're talking about price variant or NDS/MJ insert copies.

Period.

-J.

Agreed. Just look at the decline in interest on Ms. Marvel. Not only are prices dropping on #1, but going further back Marvel Super-Heroes #13 has risen and fallen in the 9.2-9.4 grades. The 9.6-9.8's didn't appear during the speculative period so they have "missed the boat" for now.

Uhhhhh....this book is no rarer in "high grade" than any other BA book from the period.

The difference is, many of the real keys from the period have been selling for thousands in slabbed high grade for nearly 20 years.

And this book has been speculated heavy on for all of the last 20 months based on pretty much just the non-stop (and already debunked) rumour of a Netflix show that will likely never come. And anyone paying exorbitant prices for this book based on "what the census looks like now" is playing a fool's game that's been played and lost many times before (even with Hulk 181). Nothing in the Bronze Age is "rare", "tough to find 'in grade'" etc. Unless you're talking about price variant or NDS/MJ insert copies.

Period.

-J.

There are some exceptions:

Avengers #93

The Cat #1

Marvel Spotlight #5

Marvel Team-Up #1

try finding any of these in 9.8 with White pages.

True. The Golden State copy in 2008 for $5,000. The June 2015 sale for a 9.6 with WP ($2,272) was the ONLY high-grade sale of this issue for several years. I know this because I purchased it, and had been waiting for a copy for some time. These early 70s gems are rare (and on gems, try finding a Richie Rich Gems #1 from 1974 in 9.6. Not expensive but scarce).

I've always like Moon Knight long before the hype set in. I have an old blue label 9.4 of #32.

I'm trying to get all of the 38 issues from the 1980 series in 9.8 white. 29 is going to be really tough to get though.

I hope they make a movie/netflix show real soon...but it needs to be made like they did with Daredevil/Jessica Jones.

Moon Knight is such a blatant Batman spoof. I was never able to get past that. He was never cool to me because of it. I have had a couple of WBN 32s and it is a solid book, but man, the character is just lame.

I agree. The only reason I know of the name is because of Stephen Platt.

Such a great artist

Period.

-J.

There are some exceptions:

Avengers #93

The Cat #1

Marvel Spotlight #5

Marvel Team-Up #1

try finding any of these in 9.8 with White pages.

You can add MS 2 and Bats 238 to that list.

When I first got back into the hobby (July 2016) this book was an inferno. I thought about getting one cause I love moon knight but held off as a bit of an expirement to see the realities/non realities of movie hype. I've looked at the GPA of the book but I was wondering if anyone's had real world convention experience on how this book is selling. 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, NoMan said:

When I first got back into the hobby (July 2016) this book was an inferno. I thought about getting one cause I love moon knight but held off as a bit of an expirement to see the realities/non realities of movie hype. I've looked at the GPA of the book but I was wondering if anyone's had real world convention experience on how this book is selling. 

Thanks. 

Way hotter than a year ago.

How's your plan working out?

31 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Way hotter than a year ago.

How's your plan working out?

everyone is smart *$# today hahaha it's funny until someone breaks a pinky toe haha

6 hours ago, NoMan said:

Thanks. 

Did you at least get one since you've been watching?? I did the same with ASM 300 and finally broke down and got one in it's decline, now it is back where it was sometime last year. I don't know if it is all movie hype, except that when I first started looking at ASM 300in 2014-1015 the 9.8's were priced in the 2000's. And there were tons of ASM 300's on ebay for sale in all grades like 7 pages worth now there is like 3..... ??? I don't know why that is ??? wait that's a copper book, but it does serve as a precation to WWBN 32 :) 

Furthermore have you looked at WWBN 33??

At what point do we start buying 2nd appearances??

2nd appearance of Superman== worth bank, 2nd appearance of Punisher===worth something, 2nd appearance of Deadpool====worth well people buy it, 

Where does 2nd appearance of Moon Knight or any other BA character fit in these gauges? if possibe; 2nd appearances of SA are worth a penny or two, is it logical that 2nd appearances of BA is next? 

??? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you at least get one since you've been watching?? I did the same with ASM 300 and finally broke down and got one in it's decline, now it is back where it was sometime last year. I don't know if it is all movie hype, except that when I first started looking at ASM 300in 2014-1015 the 9.8's were priced in the 2000's. And there were tons of ASM 300's on ebay for sale in all grades like 7 pages worth now there is like 3..... ??? I don't know why that is ??? wait that's a copper book, but it does serve as a precation to WWBN 32 :) 

Furthermore have you looked at WWBN 33??

At what point do we start buying 2nd appearances??

2nd appearance of Superman== worth bank, 2nd appearance of Punisher===worth something, 2nd appearance of Deadpool====worth well people buy it, 

Where does 2nd appearance of Moon Knight or any other BA character fit in these gauges? if possibe; 2nd appearances of SA are worth a penny or two, is it logical that 2nd appearances of BA is next? 

??? 

No, never did get one. 

On 2017-06-09 at 3:37 PM, NoMan said:

Thanks. 

Oddly enough, I'm not seeing anything above VG copies at shows.

4 hours ago, Comicdey said:

A year ago I posted in this thread 

what's changed.  How's the census now.  Anyone find a truckload of High grade copies ?

Haha! Look at all those high grade books coming out of the woodwork.:roflmao:

On 7/30/2016 at 12:23 AM, World Devourer said:

Whoever paid $14,550 for a 9.8 is a fool. They will never see that money back. I suspect they jumped on the character bandwagon and thought they would get in early. Investing based on possible appearances is high risk with no guarantee of return. This is especially true when considering that issues featuring characters that have (eg. Falcon) or will (Ms. Marvel, but looking more tenuous) appear in the MCU are not holding value.

Even Werewolf By Night, the host title for Moon Knight, commands little attention. The 1st issue and Marvel Spotlight #2 can still be purchased for a moderate price.

I believe the best investment was, is, and always will be the Silver Age. For $14,550 I can have several key SA issues.

This comment didn’t age well. 

19 hours ago, Xatari said:

This comment didn’t age well. 

I'm not so sure about this. If you shopped well, I believe you could get low grade copies (around 2.0) of ASM #1, JiM #83, and X-Men #1 for that $14,550. Or you could get an AF #15 CGC 2.5 for the same amount, at least according to GPA.

All these books will have higher values than WWBN #32 for years, if not decades or centuries.