• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

My Heritage Planet win...sadly, had to join the overpaid club... needed to pair this book with the recent 35 I picked up from Rick.

Thanks Rick!

2EFAE31A-EEC0-4983-81D9-D82850C561DC.jpeg

Over paid club membership dues don't hurt so bad when you have such a nice book to show for it (thumbsu

On 11/19/2017 at 2:49 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Hmm. Weird. As per Grand Comics Database (comics.org), there is only one Planet #69 listed, with pub date of Winter 1952. Maybe this is a glitch in the online GPA census? None of the surrounding Planet issues show more than one census in GPA. 

It might be possible that there was a Canadian (or UK or other) version of #69 released in Winter 1953, though GCD should have this information if it were there -- and it's not. The last 8-10 issues of Planet Comics were released sporadically, and many of them (including #69) only included reprints from earlier issues, so there certainly could have been some funny business in the catalogued pub dates. Maybe there are copies of #69 with either the 1952 or 1953 date in the indicia, but again, no comment in GCD on this...

Probably a census glitch.  You see that every so often -- two different dates (and entries) for a book that was not reprinted.  CGC would do the hobby a real service if they would devote some resources to cleaning up the census. 

17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Probably a census glitch.  You see that every so often -- two different dates (and entries) for a book that was not reprinted.  CGC would do the hobby a real service if they would devote some resources to cleaning up the census. 

No truer words have ever been spoken :preach:

17 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

When a package like this arrives at your door...let’s just say I can’t stop smiling right now ????

333A854F-02E5-4225-ACD4-0AA56F675471.jpeg

Congratulations! I have dreamed of owning that copy of that book for several years.

Hi all. I received my Planet Comics #5 from Soft-Serve and just wanted to say what a fabulous book it is. Such wonderful color, and a very flat copy obviously from being in a bound volume. I can't tell it was restored to be honest, such fabulous work by Susan.

Here is my previous copy which was the only Planet Comics #5 that came to market when I was looking for a copy, and the upgrade:

Planet 5 cgc 2.jpg

Planet 5 7.0 restored.jpg

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Hi all. I received my Planet Comics #5 from Soft-Serve and just wanted to say what a fabulous book it is. Such wonderful color, and a very flat copy obviously from being in a bound volume. I can't tell it was restored to be honest, such fabulous work by Susan.

Here is my previous copy which was the only Planet Comics #5 that came to market when I was looking for a copy, and the upgrade:

Planet 5 cgc 2.jpg

Planet 5 7.0 restored.jpg

:cloud9: