• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

I like love them all! :)   That's why I have been chasing the entire run for so long.    Just one more to go :whee: 

seriously? What book? I am looking forward to company in that completed run Spaceship.

1 hour ago, jhutton2 said:

#41, just waiting for the right copy at a price I can live with ?

That is right, ladies and gentlemen. A 41- that is not transposed numbers. You have patience beyond belief to have a fairly available one be your last book.

Here is to a quick end and the right book!

:tink:

45 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Did anyone here win the 6.5 Planet 17 on HA tonight? I’ve been under bidder on the last 3 copies I tried to win.   :|

Congrats to whoever got it.  (thumbsu

Not me. I was willing to go to about $2,500 but never even put a bid in the way it went up so fast.

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Did anyone here win the 6.5 Planet 17 on HA tonight? I’ve been under bidder on the last 3 copies I tried to win.   :|

Congrats to whoever got it.  (thumbsu

:hi:

Rick: we seriously need to plan this better! We have an unfortunate habit of going after the same things. Though in this instance I thought you already had a copy...:blush:

On the bright side, you won’t find me pushing up the bids the next time it comes along!

Edited by Zolnerowich
Typo

5 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

:hi:

Rick: we seriously need to plan this better! We have an unfortunate habit of going after the same things. Though in this instance I thought you already had a copy...:blush:

On the bright side, you won’t find me pushing up the bids the next time it comes along!

Congrats man! Very nice book!

13 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Congratulations Zolne.That looks like a splendid copy. And commiserations, Rick. Hopefully one with your name on it will emerge soon.

:gossip: He swore off writing on his books for the New Year. 

13 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Congratulations Zolne.That looks like a splendid copy. And commiserations, Rick. Hopefully one with your name on it will emerge soon.

Thanks a lot Flex. Happy to give it a good home where it will find a like-minded community of Planet comic books.

No doubt Rick will have his day in the ? !

46 minutes ago, marmat said:

I am no expert on Planet Comics, but I really like the covers, among the all time best. 

That said,  I purchased a VG copy of issue 71 and I'd like to know if later issues are scarcer compared to earlier issues

Certain issues across the range are known to be scarce, such as #14, #15, #34 and #65. The later ones aren't especially tough, unless you want them in moderately high grade, say, 7.5 and above, where they are probably among the scarcest. Adam Strange has the best run of these (mostly Spokane copies).