• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marmat said:

39670545682_b48f8b68d1_h.jpg

39701941381_deef544b92_h.jpg

Looks like a winner to me too. I agree with Flex, later issues are not tough  but are super tough to find in condition. Also the later issues usually have consistent colors as opposed to issues about 62 or less where coloring can be a factor.

:gossip: I like your Lou Gehrig image 

3 hours ago, marmat said:

I am no expert on Planet Comics, but I really like the covers, among the all time best. 

That said,  I purchased a VG copy of issue 71 and I'd like to know if later issues are scarcer compared to earlier issues

2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Certain issues across the range are known to be scarce, such as #14, #15, #34 and #65. The later ones aren't especially tough, unless you want them in moderately high grade, say, 7.5 and above, where they are probably among the scarcest. Adam Strange has the best run of these (mostly Spokane copies).

Yes, among the all time best for sure!

Adding to what Flex wrote: in my experience, most issues between #1-20 come up very infrequently, in any grade (especially #14 and #15, but nearly also #2, #5, #6, #8, #10, #13, #17); issues #21-40 come up infrequently; issues #41-64 are relatively easier to find, if grade isn't a priority; and issues #65-73 (especially #65) are infrequent.

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yes, among the all time best for sure!

Adding to what Flex wrote: in my experience, most issues between #1-20 come up very infrequently, in any grade (especially #14 and #15, but nearly also #2, #5, #6, #8, #10, #13, #17); issues #21-40 come up infrequently; issues #41-64 are relatively easier to find, if grade isn't a priority; and issues #65-73 (especially #65) are infrequent.

65 is, for some reason, extremely tough at 6.0 or higher. If you have a 65 at 7.0 or higher you should be PMing me so you can buy your kid a decent starter college car. :baiting:

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

65 is, for some reason, extremely tough at 6.0 or higher. If you have a 65 at 7.0 or higher you should be PMing me so you can buy your kid a decent starter college car. :baiting:

65 is one of those issues I would like to upgrade at some point, but it rarely becomes available in decent grade (I believe mine is a 4.5 if I recall correctly)

Warmest Regards,

Jason

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

1 hour ago, jhutton2 said:

65 is one of those issues I would like to upgrade at some point, but it rarely becomes available in decent grade (I believe mine is a 4.5 if I recall correctly)

Warmest Regards,

Jason

Nice looking copies of #65, gentlemen. If you have a decent (or indecent) undercopy for sale, PM me! :wishluck:

On 1/17/2018 at 3:26 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

here's my undercopy (just kidding!) Probably the last book I'll ever sell.

Planet Comics #65 CGC 8.5.jpg

A little boys dream book

Edited by comicjack

On 17/01/2018 at 8:26 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

here's my undercopy (just kidding!) Probably the last book I'll ever sell.

Planet Comics #65 CGC 8.5.jpg

Wow. Poss my favourite Planet cover. Ridiculously colourful.

On 1/17/2018 at 1:41 PM, Robot Man said:

Group shot of all the Matt Baker Planets...

complanetrun.jpg

2 hours ago, shortboxed said:

What are the issue numbers for all the Matt Baker covers? I can't make them out in the photo. Thanks in advance! 

Hi Shortboxed. That would be Planets #53-59. Though Robot Man kinda flipped the order. From left to right:

Top row: 57-59

Bottom row: 53-56

In case you’re not aware, these are two great online resources:

https://www.comics.org/

http://comicbookplus.com/