• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I have the PS Art books Planet Archives, which save me from temptation.

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

I would recommend those also. I read them and the quality is nice. It is not exactly like reading a real comic, but close. It is also good that each volume has 4-8 issues in one nicely packaged book(thumbsu

Those PS Art books are a good resource for sure, but the color reproduction of the interior pages is very disappointing (at least in Vol. 1 = issues 1-4), and so, for me, not really much like reading a real comic. :frown:

Though for better or worse, it has helped me resist deslabbing my Planet #2. 

8 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

It’s funny, my Planet run is all slabbed, but I enjoy owning a nice raw book a lot more, especially a GA book.?

When are you getting  41? I am on pins and needles waiting for some company in the complete run room.

6 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Those PS Art books are a good resource for sure, but the color reproduction of the interior pages is very disappointing (at least in Vol. 1 = issues 1-4), and so, for me, not really much like reading a real comic. :frown:

Though for better or worse, it has helped me resist deslabbing my Planet #2. 

I have issues 1-9 of those books.  Fun to read but not really like a real comic.  

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

When are you getting  41? I am on pins and needles waiting for some company in the complete run room.

Well, something did come in the mail today.  Technically I have now completed the run.  I have sent a number of books down to CGC however for slabbing and a few reholders so the big reveal wont be for a while yet :)

11 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Well, something did come in the mail today.  Technically I have now completed the run.  I have sent a number of books down to CGC however for slabbing and a few reholders so the big reveal wont be for a while yet :)

:tink:

16 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Grats. I assume the slab was damaged in shipping?

16 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Grats. I assume the slab was damaged in shipping?

No, it was fine.  The plastic bag got chewed up a bit somehow in the transit, that’s what you are seeing. Slab is still perfect ?

5 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

No, it was fine.  The plastic bag got chewed up a bit somehow in the transit, that’s what you are seeing. Slab is still perfect ?

glad to hear it. After looking more carefully I do see it is just the bag that is ripped. Nice book!

As I mentioned previously in the thread, Planet 41 was the book that got me started on the complete run. I have the Lost valley copy:

PlanetComics41CGC85_zps2470c699.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

13 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

+1

18 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

It’s funny, my Planet run is all slabbed, but I enjoy owning a nice raw book a lot more, especially a GA book.?

a lot of collectors have "reading copies of there slabs, or at least the reprints which can be had on Planet comics

8 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

a lot of collectors have "reading copies of there slabs, or at least the reprints which can be had on Planet comics

Sadly even the reader copies no longer come cheap, and the reprints have the wrong smell!

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This may be my favorite Planet I’ve purchased. Unicorn colors. 

Planet Comics checks all the boxes for me :x

AE1A1738-88BD-4690-BBA6-A31E59F0B2DF.jpeg

That's an insanely colorful copy of that book. Super congrats!

Nice to see you have such a good relationship with CGC. Only the top players get the royal treatment, e.g., Universal grade with color touch :nyah:

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

That's an insanely colorful copy of that book. Super congrats!

Nice to see you have such a good relationship with CGC. Only the top players get the royal treatment, e.g., Universal grade with color touch :nyah:

I’ve purchased a lot of pre 1950 books with minor CT with Universal. 

If the CT was unneeded they count it as a defect and can call it Universal. This may have been 7.5 without it. There is a whole thread on this topic somewhere that I read before.