• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Haha! Sort of a “foot in mouth” (or foot in buttock!) moment :blush:.

That is a glorious book! I’m in awe. 

Any drama behind its acquisition?

Yeah, lots!  My ex wasn't happy that I spent that much money.  Does that count? 

14 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Only the first 7 issues of the title. 

The #1 has a coupon cut out of the front cover. Another boardie owns the #2. I own the #3 and #5 (see below). The #4 and #7 are both nice. Jon Berk had the #6 (another boardie got it in auction).

Planet5Larson.png

This singular book has made me think I'll never own a Planet 5 because the colors are so exceptional.  I've not seen one that is adequate.  

2 hours ago, buttock said:

Yeah, lots!  My ex wasn't happy that I spent that much money.  Does that count? 

Yes! That’s the drama I was looking for! You ended up with a steady companion that never questions your comic buying habits. What more can one ask for? World peace?:insane:

17 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Jay, I don't know why Larson Planets don't extend further - since Larsons went through 11/41, there should have been more in the collection but sadly not.

I've told this story before, but the Larson Planet 6 was once mine for a few seconds. Jon Berk was standing right behind me when I pulled it out of a dealer's box at SDCC (this was back in the day). and I can still hear the lust in his voice and see the wanting in his eyes. So I merely handed the book over to him and the rest, as they say, is history.

Great book, if you ever upgrade you know where to send it! :cloud9:

Great story!

7 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Although I have a Universal copy of Planet #2, its low grade (2.5) with Brittle pages.  #2 is one of my run that is definitely on my "want to upgrade" list.  It will likely be financially painful when that finally happens I anticipate.

My copy is also one I am wanting to upgrade. Like you I also anticipate that it will be financially painful. How about we make a pact: If you find a copy you want to bid on let me know so I don't bid against you. I will do the same. :)

Sure!  I have assembled my Planets today but recently cleaned up and reorganized a lot of stuff, including my collection.  My #35 and #28 are MIA, lol, they will show up, I just need to sort through a mountain of stuff :) 

17 hours ago, buttock said:

Planet 2.jpg

Wow, nice copy!

Not sure, are you saying this is the Larson copy? I was quite certain the Larson copy of issue 2 had the word "Larson" written on the front cover. I have seen it. Was there more than 1 of these?

Edited by Artboy99

49 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Wow, nice copy!

Not sure, are you saying this is the Larson copy? I was quite certain the Larson copy of issue 2 had the word "Larson" written on the front cover. I have seen it. Was there more than 1 of these?

Is the name partially erased under the "C" in Comics? hm

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Hard to see, but if you can adjust the contrast a little, you can make out the "Larson" in pencil running down the L rivet beam. (thumbsu 

ah yes it is there and these old eyes couldn't see the signature.

Interesting: I really couldn't see the writing when looking at it on the much larger screen of my desktop computer but I can see it easily on my phone.

Edited by Artboy99

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

ah yes it is there and these old eyes couldn't see the signature.

Interesting: I really couldn't see the writing when looking at it on the much larger screen of my desktop computer but I can see it easily on my phone.

For someone that can't see, you sure are a hell of an artist Karl!

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

For someone that can't see, you sure are a hell of an artist Karl!

thanks!

my eyesight is getting worse as i get older but when I do art I take my glasses off and lean down extremely close to the paper so I can do art.