• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Spyder! said:

This is my very first Planet Comics purchase.  I grabbed it yesterday on the bay.  In fact, it's my first Golden Age purchase ever.  It's low grade and I have no idea if I overpaid for it! But I don't care, I wanted it.

I have been collecting Spider-Man for 6 years, mostly SA Ditko books.  I have some other SA and BA stuff, but I have recently become infatuated by the Planet Comics run and decided to sell everything else except for my SA Spidey books to start collecting Planet.  Say goodbye to my money...

planet11a.jpg

Diving in with one of the great ones! Congrats and Welcome! 

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Diving in with one of the great ones! Congrats and Welcome! 

Thanks Rick.  I love the Red Comet cover!

I can also say, it's a weird transition from collecting SA Marvels.  I used to think of them as "rare" :grin:, but of course, there are copies of just about every book I was interested in on dozen's of sites.  I can hardly find any Planets anywhere!  It's infuriating and exciting!

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks Rick.  I love the Red Comet cover!

I can also say, it's a weird transition from collecting SA Marvels.  I used to think of them as "rare" :grin:, but of course, there are copies of just about every book I was interested in on dozen's of sites.  I can hardly find any Planets anywhere!  It's infuriating and exciting!

I like how you put that.

Infuriating and exciting.  I guess together they make the exciting part even more enjoyable if you can get past the infuriating part (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Spyder! said:

This is my very first Planet Comics purchase.  I grabbed it yesterday on the bay.  In fact, it's my first Golden Age purchase ever.  It's low grade and I have no idea if I overpaid for it! But I don't care, I wanted it.

I have been collecting Spider-Man for 6 years, mostly SA Ditko books.  I have some other SA and BA stuff, but I have recently become infatuated by the Planet Comics run and decided to sell everything else except for my SA Spidey books to start collecting Planet.  Say goodbye to my money...

planet11a.jpg

Fasten your seatbelt! It's a bumpy ride en route through Weird Adventures on Other Worlds!

Great looking 1.8! Not an easy book to find in any grade. (Like so many of the Planet issues, alas.)

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎18 at 7:09 AM, Spyder! said:

planet11a.jpg

I welcome you to Planet Comics collecting!

The very same affliction captured me several years ago. I found it spread drastically to where I now have 87 different Planet Comics.

I have yet to find a cure. :cloud9:

51 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

nice presenting 3.5!

I looked for a long time to find a high grade copy of that book that was CGC'd and never did find one. I bought a raw book:

PlanetComics45rawVFfront_zps01ebb3a5.jpg

You did good

57 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

nice presenting 3.5!

I looked for a long time to find a high grade copy of that book that was CGC'd and never did find one. I bought a raw book:

PlanetComics45rawVFfront_zps01ebb3a5.jpg

Great colors on that copy!