• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This cover has really been growing on me...

fc.jpg

I agree its a decent cover.  I always thought if the aliens had been a brighter color (lime green, bright blue or something like that) that this cover would get a lot more recognition than it does.

2 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

I agree its a decent cover.  I always thought if the aliens had been a brighter color (lime green, bright blue or something like that) that this cover would get a lot more recognition than it does.

I love the way they did the aliens, but there are too many different yellows and even the green has yellow, so they  melt together.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, kelholt said:

It’s an even more brilliant cover when the “blue elfesque aliens” are purple ....

ED391A7D-FD18-4FE8-8C92-89273854B8BF.jpeg.9a0729f62f141d366e371e994cc80259.jpeg

Wow, I don't have a scan of mine, but mine looks more like Rick's, I had no idea these colors were used. Love it! Now I have to look for one..

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Wow, I don't have a scan of mine, but mine looks more like Rick's, I had no idea these colors were used. Love it! Now I have to look for one..

My 6.5 is a mid level coloration. Not the super deep like Kelly’s.  I have had some lighter ones like this one too. Seen them even lighter too  

64B583DE-BEF9-44BE-88DD-570EC95F39F9.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My 6.5 is a mid level coloration. Not the super deep like Kelly’s.  I have had some lighter ones like this one too. Seen them even lighter too  

64B583DE-BEF9-44BE-88DD-570EC95F39F9.jpeg

Mine is definitely lighter than yours but it's also lower grade. I see some purple in your book now that it's not in the slab. It's so hard to get a good picture through the plastic.

Edited by skypinkblu

18 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Mine is definitely lighter than yours but it's also lower grade. I see some purple in your book now that it's not in the slab. It's so hard to get a good picture through the plastic.

This is a pic of an old 4.5 raw copy I had.  The 6.5 is a little deeper. 

It is hard to get accurate color pics with slabs as everyone knows. 

14 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Just received this book back from CGC today.  The turn around time was just 60 days, which was about half the time of my last submission. The book had previously been graded by a rival company and lost a point and a half in the process, due I believe to a detached centerfold.

Planet31_CGC1A.jpg

I've seen CGC 7.0's with detached centerfolds.  You couldn't find more inconsistent grading criteria if you tried. 

Beautiful book!

On 6/30/2018 at 4:17 PM, skypinkblu said:

Good luck Sha! Those vividly colored covers are the envy of Planet collectors and so hard to come by. 

Color >>> grade (IMHO)

31 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

My first copy of Planet Comics #65 is in hand!  What an awesome cover. I’m also going to start a Please Grade My thread for this one.

074B49BD-7D3A-4EB5-8CFA-133FD5349C19.jpeg

If that was the copy on ebay recently, I think you did good picking that up.  I thought about it myself.

8 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

If that was the copy on ebay recently, I think you did good picking that up.  I thought about it myself.

Yes, bought on eBay last week. Waited for a 10% EBay Bucks day and made a best offer. Glad the seller took it. :cloud9:

Gotta love an alien pistol-whuppin' cover!  Sometimes I feel kinda bad for these ga sci-fi cover aliens...half of them look like they might be welcoming our laser pistol packing heroes to their wonderful planet! 

Edited by Mystafo