• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

6 is another Planet that is harder to find. I put it at about the same as Planet 15. They do come up for sale and as Kelholt mentioned they seem to also appear in waves. A 5.5 sells then a couple more hit the market. Then you can go a year before you see any again.

With Planets many of the books require some patience to acquire.

I absolutely love my 6, here it is:

PlanetComics6cgc65front_zps1d9caa90.jpg

Yes, when these books appear, they often appear in waves, stimulated by the tsunami of the first book. The problem is, no one can predict when the next tsunami will hit!

#6 is definitely among the toughest, also #2 and #10. Close behind these are #5 and #8. Other than #13-15, other tough books in the "Rivet" run include #17-19. Heck, most of them are kinda tough. Some just much tougher than others.

Here's my copy, by way of Berk by way of Larson:

1103610411_ScreenShot2018-07-13at4_13_53PM.thumb.png.a495a234eace03a26250d3e224b029ef.png

10 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Snagged this one off ebay a couple weeks ago.  The competition for rivets is almost to the point where you have to go into the purchase process not caring how much it's going to cost. :tonofbricks: 

0707182021121.jpg

Was underbidder on this one, nice pickup.  And I was thinking the same thing when bidding, just throw out a # and hope it sticks!  

7 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Haha, as much as I appreciate the tag, I don’t own the 7.5 ?

my #15 is only a 3.0, still very happy to own a copy, it’s a very tough book to acquire.

thought you did, my apologies.

28 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
8 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Haha, as much as I appreciate the tag, I don’t own the 7.5 ?

my #15 is only a 3.0, still very happy to own a copy, it’s a very tough book to acquire.

...My curiosity involves the Church copy of 15 ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

11 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

No worries, I did bid on that book, but it went way too high for my budget at the time.   As I recall it sold for upwards of 17K or something like that?   I was out at just over half that :)

Just now, jhutton2 said:

No worries, I did bid on that book, but it went way too high for my budget at the time.   As I recall it sold for upwards of 17K or something like that?   I was out at just over half that :)

Yes it sold for over $17,000.