• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2018 at 8:09 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice! I picked up a similar copy of that one at the Torpedo show on Sunday. Not a big favorite, but just one I didn't have. There wern't very many if any "rivit" ones in the room. I keep pecking away at the run. I have about 2/3rds of them now. I try to get at least one every show I go to. It's getting a lot harder now. Even a lower grade later "common" issue is usually in the area of $150 or so now. They have always been popular but seem to be burning up right now. I used to think I could put a lower to mid grade set together without a whole lot of trouble. Now, I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen. But I keep plugging away at it...

Any Planet with strong colors is worth the effort, and is arguably harder to come by than a higher grade copy with lackluster colors.

Yep, those rivets are getting more and more elusive to find. The last few cons I've attended, there's never more than a small handful available, and mostly in the #40-#60 range.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Robot Man said:

There wern't very many if any "rivit" ones in the room. 

I did not see a single rivet Planet Comics at Torpedo Con, which is really saying something considering the amount of vintage material in the room.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I saw a Planet 15 1.0 for sale at San Diego. For anyone looking for a copy, you can see it in the video posted in the San Diego wall books thread.

I am looking and can’t seem to find it.  Do you know which dealer? 

42 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

It is on the wall with the Punch 12 skull cover and the Planet 15 is next to it not sure who the dealer is but said she was on Instragram 

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

It is Filter81 from the boards who has it for sale. $2,500. It was still for sale on Saturday, but I can’t guarantee it made it to today.

Good luck, 15 is elusive.